Kazakhstan / Azerbajian / Armenia / Iran Visa - Singapore

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Christabel

Kazakhstan / Azerbajian / Armenia / Iran Visa - Singapore

Post by Christabel »

Hello. I have a Singapore passport. My queries will be based on this. :) My apologies for the numerous questions.

Kazakhstan:
I read that it is uncertain whether the 30 days visa-free regime is effect from before or after 15th July 2015. I have just called the Kazakhstan embassy in Singapore and they told me that (1) It is still not known when this will take place and (2) I cannot cross from Kyrgyzstan to Almaty and cannot get a tourist visa at the border - I have to apply for this in advance?
However, I have read that (1) and (2) are possible. Could you kindly clarify?

Azerbajian:
If I am crossing over from Georgia to Azerbajian for a few days and then back to Georgia again (over land) - could I get a transit visa (valid for 5 days) instead of having to go to the embassy to apply for one?

Armenia:
Here's a helpful link: http://www.mfa.am/u_files/file/consulat ... %20Eng.pdf
It appears that I could get a Tourist visa for up to 21 days at the border crossing.

Iran:
I am eligible for a VOA. A tour company has told me that it may be worth my while to get a Visa Code in advnce, Now I am uncertain if I should apply for one, or for a visa when I'm in Georgia or Turkey. :) Thoughts?

Thank you.
x
0 x

breakfastbuffets

Re: Kazakhstan / Azerbajian / Armenia / Iran Visa - Singapor

Post by breakfastbuffets »

Hi Christabel,

I am a fellow Singaporean and I went to Iran last year. I got my visa on arrival easily at the Tehran airport (60 euros/15 days). I did not apply for any visa code whatever.

All I needed to do was to fill up a short form, which included a section for accommodation. Although I Couchsurfed in Iran, I did book a one night stay at a hotel in Tehran, and I used that to fill up the form. Got my visa with no questions asked.

I can't speak for the other countries as I haven't been there.

Regards,
Eugene
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi!

1. The embassy is completely correct.
2. No, transit visa implies you will transit to another country, not back to the same one. You cannot get a visa at the border, you need to get it at the embassy.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Christabel

Post by Christabel »

Hello Eugene,

I wanted to ask. when you flew to Iran, did you have an onward ticket before you received your visa? I am wondering if I can just have a one way ticket there and then just get a visa on the spot? Can you kindly advised me as to what you did.

Hello Steven! :) Thanks! Yes. Well. I received my visa quite fast. I applied on Wed morning, I think i could have gotten it by Friday as when I went to the embassy on Monday, my passport was waiting there with the approved date starting from Monday!
0 x

Christabel

Post by Christabel »

I also want to ask.... this Iran visa, can only be gotten at the Airport? Because.... i was hoping to go by bus from Armenia or by boat from Azerbajian. Possible?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

@Christabel. Yes possible, but get your visa in advance. Visa on arrival only at the airport, see http://caravanistan.com/visa/iran under visa on arrival
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Christabel

Post by Christabel »

But isn't it more expensive to get an Iranian visa at the embassy at Baku than to pay 60 euros on arrival?
0 x