British child and Kazakh stan mother

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Maiya

British child and Kazakh stan mother

Postby Maiya » Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi. My question is about Kazakhstan. Im kazakhstan passport holder, my baby is British, she is 5 months old. Does my baby need a permission to enter if we travel to Kazakhstan. Im asking this because I heard that baby can travel to Kazakhstan with mother without any visas. Please need a help.
Thank you.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: British child and Kazakh stan mother

Postby steven » Tue May 07, 2013 5:50 am

I thınk your baby can travel on your passport, but best to check wıth the embassy, they wıll know.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Maiya

Postby Maiya » Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Steven. Thanks for quick reply. Embassy never answers and never email back unfortunately. So how to get permanent residence to Kazakhstan for my child, the residence card (vid na zhitelstvo, we call it)are issued only from 16 years old.
Thank u
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed May 08, 2013 5:40 am

Hello Maya,

did you try calling them or going there in person? If it does not work, try calling directly to Kazakh MFA. For me this situation is new as well, I don't know more than you.

Don't bother with vid na zhitelstvo, this is impossible to do from abroad and not worthwhile if you are just coming for a short visit. More info at http://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan ... residence/
0 x

Maiya

Postby Maiya » Wed May 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi Steven. Thanks again. Really appreciate your quick replies. Currently I live in Aberdeen, Embassy is in London, so its long way to go. I am going to live in Kazakhstan most of the time a year, because my husband got a rotation job there. And we r planning to rotate with him, but he stays in the camp, me and my baby will be in my parents house. Thats why I need something like permanent residency for my baby as visa can be given only for single entry, which is not suitable for us. My mum can register my baby to her house, but whats next to do??? Will my daughter be ale to go in and out the country?? Thank u. Maiya
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu May 09, 2013 7:03 am

I think you have a really tricky situation there. I dont know the answer, best to have your mother try to call the MFA or even better, some lawyer specializing in immigration law. These are the only people that might be able to say what is possible and what not.

Don't be sure that everything will end well. The government does not care about you or your situation. It will be a difficult thing for you to figure out.

Best of luck,
Steven
0 x

Maiya

Postby Maiya » Thu May 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi Steven,
Do u live in Kazakhstan, and r u Kazakh or British? U sound like British, but know too much about Kazakhstan immigration things :) :)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri May 10, 2013 6:41 am

Hi Maya,

I'm from Belgium and tried to live in Kazakhstan. In the end gave up because it was too difficult.
0 x

IndianGuy
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Postby IndianGuy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:32 am

steven wrote:Hi Maya,

I'm from Belgium and tried to live in Kazakhstan. In the end gave up because it was too difficult.

You gave up? :roll: I hope you have had a PR by now. For easy and comfort entry and exit!

Hi Maya/Maiya, I hope you have sorted out things by now. In such situation, it is always better to go and talk with Local Migration Police. They may not tell you everything when you start talking but there are many good hearted people and you need to find them by talking with different people. That's how we got all the info for me. Otherwise, things are very tricky here. In my case, I told some of the correct rules to consular in Embassy and he told me later that he checked the rules and I was right. :D
0 x
There is more to see in Kazakhstan. Visit my blog:
http://astana-almaty.blogspot.com/ and my instagram for random photos and clicks https://instagram.com/astana_english_teacher

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:40 am

IndianGuy wrote:You gave up? :roll: I hope you have had a PR by now. For easy and comfort entry and exit!

No, gave up. I don't spend enough time here, they won't let you in if you spend too much time abroad. They wouldn't even let in Saule anymore at first, last time! Anyway, was too stressful for Saule to deal with police all the time, decided to leave it and get visas all the time, it was easier. :lol:
1 x