Report: Tehran, Chinese VIsa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
olig

Re: Report: Tehran, Chinese VIsa

Post by olig »

French hitch-hiker! Asked for 90+30 on July 28th to the friendly Iranian-looking lady, showing my Uzbek visa application (its travel dates are in much more than 30days). Still, no way...
I'll go back to the Chinese embassy in the end of August. Maybe 90+90 will be on again...
0 x

olig

Post by olig »

It's me again...
I went this afternoon to apply for a 30+30 single-entry tourist visa. The guy told me they only issue visas to Iranian residents. I was like 'oh come on, only three weeks ago it was not an issue', then he checked my passport, looked at my Uzbek visa and said: 'Iran isn't your last stop before China. Apply in Tashkent.' I tried a few 'oh come on' more but he kept silent.
Rrrrgh ):
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Painful evolution. Apparently got really sick of overlanders there. Let's see what's next.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Alac

Post by Alac »

Hi, I'm a Spanish guy who tried to get the Chinese visa in Tehran the morning of 28th of August and was told I can not apply "if I don't have a long stay permit in Iran". Insisted a little bit without any success.

The thing is that going back to this place where they type you the form (Mahdavi I guess, but not sure about the name) they told me that this was probably related to the G20 summit in china this early september, as a security measure. They said that after the 5th of september, after the summit ends, things should go back to normality again. Have no idea of how true is that, but they seemed quite convinced about this hypothesis. Just for you to know! Good luck!
2 x

Petipatapon

Post by Petipatapon »

Hi!
We are a french couple. We went to the Chinese ambassy this morning in Tehran and it was impossible to apply for the visa. No Visa for non iranian resident. They did not even look at the form and documents. It seems hoppeless !
1 x

Aleco

Post by Aleco »

I was in Tehran and I did the visa for China very easily, 45 dollars 3 months time with 3 to get in. But I'm talking about june 2016
0 x

Alac

Post by Alac »

Thanks for the posts. What I'm seeing in the forums so far is that Chinese visa became an issue almost e-ve-ry-where (Tehran, Tiblisi, Tashkent) in the region since late august... I moved to Baku, might give it a try if I have time, despite looks difficult. Waiting for more positive feedback!
0 x

Ceceted

Post by Ceceted »

Hey guys!

Any fresh information about the possibility to get the chinese visa in teheran?

Thanks a lot for all you're report, so helpful!
0 x

Stefvdp

Post by Stefvdp »

Was there in February and on the phone the lady of embassy explained only visa for resident permits in iran of 6 months+. Didn't go to embassy phisically given bad reports everywhere.

I'm applying in my home country with flight tickets via a friend.

Also try to let someone invite you for better chance
0 x

lespralines

Post by lespralines »

Hello!

We are a French couple and we tried today to apply for a Chinese visa in Teheran.

It is now possible to do it, it is a visa for 3 months and it starts the day after you apply. So we did not apply because we wanted the visa to start later since we are on our way to Turkmenistan.

It is a good news since it could mean that it is now possible to get visa to China again!

We will then try to get the visa in Ouzbékistan or Tadjikistan.

Good luck!
1 x