Embassy report: Mashhad, Turkmen Visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Mashhad, Turkmen Visa

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Please read and post reports on the Turkmen consulate in Mashad below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Turkmen visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Kapesta

Embassy Report Update: Turkmen Embassy in Mashhad

Postby Kapesta » Fri May 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Just a quick update of the information for the Turkmen embassy in Mashhad.
- The embassy is open every day except fridays AND SUNDAYS
- Just of Dah-e-Day square, the GPS co-ordinates are: 36.28393N 59.59911E
0 x

Frogs On Wheels

Turkmenistan visa in Mashad, Iran

Postby Frogs On Wheels » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Hello,

I would like to have some info about the Turkmenistan visa in Mashad, regarding a statement made on Caravanistan "May 2015 : 7-day transit visa given to a cyclist"

Any info about this mysterious cyclist ? Has the application be done from Teheran and the picked-up in Mashad or the whole process has been carried out in Mashad ?

Thanks for the tips, presently in Teheran, waiting for the Uzbek visa to apply then for the Turkmen one.

Cheers
Frogs On Wheels
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenistan visa in Mashad, Iran

Postby steven » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:59 am

Here is the full e-mail he sent me:

Hi Steven,

just picked up my - yes, hard to believe but its true - 7 days Transit Visa in Mashhad!!

I applied for the Transit Visa in Tehran, where they told me that if im travelling with the bicycle I can ask for seven days. So I mentioned in the "Reason for travel"-letter that im on a bicycle and want to travel through Turkmenistan.

Things you need:

- Coloured copy of IRAN VISA (incl. entry stamp)
- Coloured copy of USBEKISTAN VISA
- Coloured copy of your PASSPORT
- Letter with reason for travel (7 days for crossing by bicycle)
- Filled-out sheet which you get there
- PASSPORTPHOTO, glewed on by yourself

Ten days later collecting it in Mashhad:

- A coloured copy of the PASSPORT
- A coloured copy of the USBEKISTAN VISA (wich i didnt have, but was ok)
- 55$ (which were knitted but seemed to be ok)
- A filled-out sheet that you get there with a PASSPORTPHOTO, glewed on

I dont know if i was just lucky or if its the Turkmen foreign ministery had an easy day, but there was no trouble at all.

Thanks for your great work you do Steve!

Regards,

Simo
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Frogs On Wheels

Postby Frogs On Wheels » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:20 am

Thanks Steven for forwarding this info. We will have a try in Tehran next week as well - 3 French and 1 Turkish. We will let you know
0 x

eauguste

Postby eauguste » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Frogs On Wheels wrote:Thanks Steven for forwarding this info. We will have a try in Tehran next week as well - 3 French and 1 Turkish. We will let you know

Salut salut!

Je vois que vous etes francais. Jaimerais savoir combien de temps avez vous eu dattente pour les visas ouzbek + chinois a teheran?

J'y arrive la semaine pro et jaimerais voir venir !

A bientot!!
0 x

Frogs On Wheels

Postby Frogs On Wheels » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:21 pm

For the Uzbek visa in Tehran, 8 days with a simple letter of recommandation. No way to negociate less since the process is sent and made in Tashkent and not in Tehran. Within a couple of hours if you get a LOI from a travel agency - yet not mandatory for Fench nationals.

For the Chinese visa in Tehran, normally takes 4 days to get it - 2 days in express process. We gonna apply tomorrow morning.

Out of the topic, this reply would be better somewhere else but tried to answer anyway.
0 x

walthi

Embassy report: Mashhad, Turkmen Visa

Postby walthi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:19 am

I applied in Mashhad for the 5 day Turkmen transit visa. You can apply any day: Opening hours are 8.30 am - 12.00 Monday - Thursday and Saturday.

Filled out form
    Color copy of your Uzbek visa and passport
    1 photo

Pick up 7 days later again in Mashhad, 55 $
When I picked my visa up, I met a french couple picking up a 7 day transit visa. They applied in Tehran with pick up in Mashhad!
0 x

Frogs On Wheels

Re: Report: Mashhad, Turkmen Visa

Postby Frogs On Wheels » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:24 pm

I personally know this French couple, having traveled with them for more than a month. If you apply in Tehran and they don't ask you anything because you required 7 days on your application, then they will give you 7 days in Mashad.
We applied in Tehran too but that day Mr Elias was off, the other guy thus demanded to correct our application writing 5 days instead of the 7 we asked.
0 x

Kierunek-Wschod

Re: Embassy report: Mashhad, Turkmen Visa

Postby Kierunek-Wschod » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:45 am

Hi everyone interested,
I've just been denied the Turkmen transit visa in Meshhed (mid-July 2015).

I applied for the visa in Turkmen consulate in Tehran, all paperwork was fine and approved. The pick-up place was Meshhed. Afterwards, after travelling to Meshhed and showing up at the Turkmen consulate, I was told that my visa was denied, and there is nothing that can be done. Few days earlier, two of my Polish friends got their visas issued (they had also applied in Tehran), but they told me about quite a few French and Belgian people who got rejected in the same way as me. Maybe the July quota for cyclists in Turkmenistan has been exceeded :)

So - as it's quite frustrating to find it out after a 13-hour-long bus trip to Meshhed that it was pointless to go there, another less painful option might be to both apply and pick it up in Tehran, saving yourself the hassle of travelling to Meshhed in case you get rejected.

Good luck for those who still try!
Hubert
0 x
On the road to China
www.kierunek-wschod.com