Visa Information - Uzbekistan & Azerbaijan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
RachelFactor

Visa Information - Uzbekistan & Azerbaijan

Postby RachelFactor » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:01 am

Hi All,

I need some help as I'm finding conflicting information on a variety of websites. For reference, I am a US passport holder traveling with my husband.

I'm currently in Urumqi, China with a train ticket to Almaty, Kazakhstan on Monday evening. I plan to go from Almaty to Bishkek, then back into Kazakhstan on my way to Uzbekistan. I am planning to get a Uzbek visa in Bishkek, but I have been unable to get LOI information from Caravanistan (I filled out a form about a week ago, but haven't heard anything). I would like to get that all worked out to get a visa in Bishkek as quickly as possible.

I will then travel by train through Uzbekistan (Tashkent to Kungrad) and finally back into Kazakhstan to Aktau. Hopefully from there catch a boat to Baku. Where is the best place to get an Azeri visa? It appears my options are Bishkek, Tashkent or Aktau. I only plan to be in Azerbaijan a few days on my way to Georgia, so a transit visa would suffice, but I don't have 4-5 days to spend in any of these cities. I will need to be out of Kazakhstan before July 15th (end of visa-free travel), so if I were to apply for an e-visa, it would need to be completed before then. Does anyone have time estimates for transit or tourist visas via traditional or e-visa method?

Any advice on Uzbek or Azeri visas is much appreciated! Thank you to anyone who can help.
0 x

Mike

Re: Visa Information - Uzbekistan & Azerbaijan

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:34 pm

I can't answer the rest of your question, but I'll just mention that as far as I know Azerbaijan does not issue transit visas (at least it didn't give me that option when I applied for mine). Even if you're only staying for a few days, you'll still need the standard 30 day tourist visa.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Visa Information - Uzbekistan & Azerbaijan

Postby steven » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:58 am

Hi Rachel, sorry for the late reply. Our Kazakh partners were having some problems with their e-mail systems (it is still Kazakhstan) and I was out in the mountains and unable to follow up. Hope you managed to get your things sorted out. steven
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D