Page 1 of 1

China Crossing (Pakistan—China—Kyrg) — June 2020 (Coronavirus/Borders Closed)

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:07 am
by DylanGeorgeField
Hi all,

Would anyone be interested in sharing the cost of an overland tour from Pakistan to Kyrgystan?

I'm aiming Mid June and am flexible. Tour companies have quoted around $3,000-5,000 USD :shock:

I'd like to reduce this with more people or I'm finding another way.

The more the merrier,


Edit: Maybe abandoned due to corona virus

Re: China Crossing (Pakistan—China—Kyrg) — June 2020 (Corona virus)

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:12 pm
by rideclimbdream
Hi Dylan.

I am currently riding RTW by motorcycle and was planning to cross Pakistan-China-Kyrgystan around the same time as you. I was planning to join a group crossing, though I haven't spoken to anyone yet (travelers or tour operators). I would be interested in learning more and potentially teaming up if logistics work.

Certainly now the Coronavirus has thrown everything about the route into uncertainty in the near future. I am crossing my fingers that things will change in our favor in a few months. Let's keep in touch on it.


Re: China Crossing (Pakistan—China—Kyrg) — June 2020 (Corona virus)

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 am
by DylanGeorgeField
My trip has been cancelled, Julia.

The borders with Iran and China towards Europe are closed. India announced that they have cancelled all visas and takes effect tomorrow until April.

I expect the situation to get worse due to the high population of Asia and Europe.

The tour companies remain optimistic, of course. I'm not so sure after reading the border reports at Kyrgystan.


I received replies from:
- Navo Tours
- West China Expeditions
- Windhorse Tours

I know a Dutch guy in Malaysia riding to Europe and he's considering storing the bike and flying home until it clears.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything.


Re: China Crossing (Pakistan—China—Kyrg) — June 2020 (Coronavirus/Borders Closed)

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:26 pm
by rideclimbdream
Hi Dylan.

Thanks a lot for the update on your plan and the info of China tour agencies. I am sorry to hear about your cancellation and the disruption of plans for all of us overlanders! I guess all any of us can do now is make the best decisions we can in the moment, wait and see, and then be open to change.

I have a weird situation in that I fractured my ankle a month ago while crossing Myanmar (2 months into maybe 2 years trip). I was flown to Bangkok for surgery, and then returned to USA (my home country) to recover while on crutches. My bike and all my gear remained in safe keeping in Myanmar.
I am supposed to return to Bangkok for check up and all PT/rehab in 2-3 weeks and then ready to return to my RTW ride around mid May.

So I am kind of forced to sit in one place an wait anyway, due to my injury. But now the Coronavirus adds a whole additional set of challenge and unknowns. Maybe by then borders open up more, or I ship to another part of the world. Or just wait longer, who knows.

Re: China Crossing (Pakistan—China—Kyrg) — June 2020 (Coronavirus/Borders Closed)

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:50 am
by Cheese

I am currently thinking to take this route coming from India after all boarders have been re-opened at some point in the near future.

I am pretty flexible with regards to time and route, as I stored my truck in Delhi and flew back home to Germany at last minute End of March.

Are there still any fellow travellers interested to form a group to get to the Stans in order to reduce costs?