Kashgar-Lhasa-Lijiang-Dali-Kumming-Laos - September 2023

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
marimari

Post by marimari »

Hi there,
we are planning to travel (self-drive in a camper) from Kashgar (border Kyrgyzstan/China) to Laos and are looking for you (campers, motorcyclists etc.) to join our +/- 30 days 'once in a lifetime' trip through Tibet. The larger the group..the lower the costs :lol:

Travel period: September/October 2023
We have already received some quotes and inteneries - please get in touch for further details.

Best wishes and see you on the road :-)

Sonja & Marcel from Switzerland, travelling in a Sprinter 4x4
0 x

marimari

Post by marimari »

Hi there,
we are planning to travel (self-drive in a camper) from Kashgar (border Kyrgyzstan/China) to Laos and are looking for you (campers, motorcyclists etc.) to join our +/- 30 days 'once in a lifetime' trip through Tibet. The larger the group..the lower the costs :lol:

Travel period: September/October 2023
We have already received some quotes and inteneries - please get in touch for further details.

Best wishes and see you on the road ;)

Sonja & Marcel from Switzerland, travelling in a Sprinter 4x4
0 x

KaisaN

Re: Kashgar-Lhasa-Lijiang-Dali-Kumming-Laos - September 2023

Post by KaisaN »

Hello

I would be interested to hear more about this. I'm especially interested in the Kashgar-Lhasa section and perhaps continuing from there to Nepal. What kind of information have you acquired so far? Would you consider taking a passenger? I'm not comfortable with self-driving but might be interested in travelling in someone else's vehicle, sharing the cost, staying in guest houses or wherever.
0 x

marimari

Post by marimari »

Hi KaisaN,
sure - no prob. Yes we have asked for quotes already. The prices are calculated per vehicle /passengers in the vehicle or on bike(s). As far as ourselves concern, we only have 2 passenger seats in our car. There might be others who could take you into their car, though.
I will let you as soon we know more.
Best, Sonja
0 x

royalenfield

Post by royalenfield »

Hello,
i have a car in Kyrgyzstan that i need to bring to Thailand via China/Laos. Might be interest in your plan. How do the quotes look like so far?
Cheers, E.
0 x

marimari

Post by marimari »

Hello,
we would like to drive the route in approx. 30 days - We do not want to rush. Rates are dependent upon nr. of vehicles.
For more info you can send me your email address, I can forward you what I have received so far.
Cheers, M.
0 x

Beat M.

Post by Beat M. »

Dear Sonja & Marcel,
Good to read your plans for 2023 in China. I have similar plans for China in 2023 and would be interest to share experiences. Is there a way to get in touch? I beleive in my profile you'll find my details.
Best regards,
Beat from Switzerland
0 x

Ali&gisela

Post by Ali&gisela »

I would be interested to hear more about this. I'm interested in the Kashgar-Lhasa section and perhaps continuing from there to Nepal. We have a iveco 4x4 camper please send us details ref cost and inteneries please
0 x

Roadtophnompenh

Post by Roadtophnompenh »

I am also intersted, my plan is going to Phnom Penh Cambodia in a 4x4, travelling alone, and Belgian. I hope to go this year but if not, who knows. Originally the plan is by IRN-PAK-IND-MYNR-TH to Cambodia, if i would go through China, its about the same distance, and as long as Myanmar keeps being "tricky", probably i will go through China and Laos. But nobody can look in the future. I hope to "take of" from Belgium in September and being before X-mas in Phnom Penh. But who knows, and ofcourse China is expensive. Myanmar was before the military coup not so complicated or expensive as it used to be. And entering China, plenty of options, KKH, Nepal, KAZ, KIR . . .
0 x

jvjjjvvv

Post by jvjjjvvv »

Hi. Apologies if this is the most obvious, needless advice in the history of this forum, but on your way south towards Lijiang make sure not to skip the Tiger Leaping Gorge, it's pretty spectacular, specially the high trail. The main section can be hiked in 1-2 days (I did it in one).

PS: Something popular in that area as well is the Meili Snow Mountain (the one that, they say, generates a golden sunrise). I seem to remember there is a place nearby that acts as a base for travelers to go on their hikes, but I can't remember the name at the moment.
0 x