Kyrgyzstan/ Tajikistan to Pakistan via China Tour September 2021

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
thetravels_

Kyrgyzstan/ Tajikistan to Pakistan via China Tour September 2021

Post by thetravels_ »

Hello all,

We are two motorcycle riders from the states, currently in Greece, about to begin our journey east to Vietnam.

Our plan is to cross from the Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in September of this year (2021) inshallah. We haven't yet contacted tour operators in China.

Is there anyone else out there who is planning the same route this year? Its been a difficult year for travel, but we are optimistic about being able to make the crossing. We would like to meet up with fellow travelers and split the costs of the tour!

Cheers,

Madeline and Jesse
0 x

thetravels_

Re: Kyrgyzstan/ Tajikistan to Pakistan via China Tour September 2021

Post by thetravels_ »

And also... we are doing our best to monitor the border/covid situations, but if anyone has some insight into the journey, please do share! Logistics, advise, questions, anything at all would be helpful. We are glad to start the conversation. Plus we hope you'll join us!

M+J
0 x

04Morley

Post by 04Morley »

Hi Madeline and Jesse. My wife and I are also trying to plan a similar route on pedal bikes. We really want to do the Pamir Highway and down through China to Pakistan around September but are trying to work out if any of it is possible, particularly with Tajikistan still being closed to tourists. Would be really interested to hear how you're planning the rest of your trip and what your route looks like from Greece - send us a message! Matt
0 x

portmanaus

Post by portmanaus »

Hello! Did someone of you cross the tajik-China-Pakistan border. I’m interested to hear you.. I’m thinking of doing this
0 x

murg

Post by murg »

portmanaus wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:19 pm
Hello! Did someone of you cross the tajik-China-Pakistan border. I’m interested to hear you.. I’m thinking of doing this
Lot's of reports to be found...

... This is Mine:
viewtopic.php?p=34485#p34485

As far as I know the Overland borders are closed.
1 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

portmanaus

Post by portmanaus »

0 x

portmanaus

Post by portmanaus »

In winter time the border with Pakistan is closed.
Last edited by portmanaus on Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

Dont hold you breath on china reopening next year. Especially for overlanders.
0 x

nemesis464

Post by nemesis464 »

The China situation for next year is giving me a headache too. I want to cycle the Kyrgyzstan->China->Pakistan route too (around September/October) but I’ve got no idea if it’ll be open.

Even if the overland border does on, it’s part of a longer 8 month trip, and we all know how borderline-impossible it is to get a Chinese visa on the road in Central Asia. Therefore my only option is to try and get a 1-year Chinese visa before I travel in March/April... which may be completely impossible if the visa situation stays as it is.

The only option might be to fly from Bishkek/Almaty/Osh to Lahore/Islamabad which would be very disappointing to miss out the Karakoram.
0 x

portmanaus

Post by portmanaus »

I want to be hopeful and say that China would be ready to reopen its borders in summer 2022 also in view of the Beijing Winter Olympics. of course, the fact remains that it is not easy to cross borders by land in those areas. personally i intend to enter xinjiang from pakistan and exit kazakhstan. I therefore, I do not want to say more because it is still too early. Let's keep informed!
0 x