Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in September in the year (2023)

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
Ali&gisela

Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in September in the year (2023)

Post by Ali&gisela »

Hi our fellow overlanders

Sorry due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to delay our departure. We will now be traveling through china in may / June 2024

My self and the better half will be travelling in our iveco daily 4x4 from the uk to India and beyond Our plan is to cross from the Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in May/June in the year (2024) . We haven't yet contacted tour operators in China. Thought it maybe a good idea to put out a early bird post to see if anyone has similar travel plans and would like to join us and help keep the cost down Pm me if interested Kind regards Alistair & Gisela Hale
Last edited by Ali&gisela on Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ausmax

Re: Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in September in the year (2023)

Post by Ausmax »

We are also planning to drive our vehicle through this China route in around May 2023, but from the other direction - Pakistan - China - Kyrgystan. We’ve been discussing with Drive China Tours http://www.drive-china.com/ who have been very helpful. China border is still closed due to ongoing Covid lockdowns so fingers crossed it reopens in 2023.
0 x

koala.overland

Re: Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan through China to Pakistan in September in the year (2023)

Post by koala.overland »

Hi Alistair&Gisela, my name is David and with my better half Veronika, we share the same plans for 2023 and would like to cross from Kyrgyzstan through China to Pakistan around September 2023 in our modified VW T5 4M. We are very open to travel together to share the experience and the cost for the passage of China. We are currently searching for information about visa etc. to make it possible. Let us know if you would like to travel/prepare together. Wish you a safe trip, David and Veronika
0 x

Yakarever

Post by Yakarever »

Hi ! I'm Guillaume, from France, and i have the same plan : travel from Kyrgystan throuh China around september / october 2023, with my motorbike.
I'm looking for others travelers to share the cost and the experience ! (and depends on Turkemenistan or azerbaijan if this borders will open to reach Central asia !)
Let me know about your plan and how we can help us !
0 x

Joenah

Post by Joenah »

Ausmax wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:12 pm
We are also planning to drive our vehicle through this China route in around May 2023, but from the other direction - Pakistan - China - Kyrgystan. We’ve been discussing with Drive China Tours http://www.drive-china.com/ who have been very helpful. China border is still closed due to ongoing Covid lockdowns so fingers crossed it reopens in 2023.

Hi Ausmax,
We are planning to do the same route from Pakistan to Kyrgystan through China in May (or june) 2023. So it would be nice to stay in touch if the border does open 😀
Joenah
0 x

guy.brush

Post by guy.brush »

Hi people!

Two motorcycles here who also hope to cross from Kyrgyzstan via China to Pakistan in September/October.
The riders would like to cross as well :lol:
We are a couple from Germany, planning to leave around April and go East.
0 x

Snoopy_overland

Post by Snoopy_overland »

Hi all, we are a couple from the UK hoping to drive our self-build campervan from the UK to India and beyond, including from Kyrgyzstan through China to Pakistan around August 2023. Open to linking up and sharing cost! Fingers crossed more positive news continues to come from China re re-opening.

@guy.brush / @Yakarever / @koala.overland / @Ali&gisela - very keen to share cost if things go well with China re-opening!

All the best, Pippa & Angus
0 x

Barry.g900

Post by Barry.g900 »

Joenah wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:53 am
Ausmax wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:12 pm

Hi Ausmax,
We are planning to do the same route from Pakistan to Kyrgystan through China in May (or june) 2023. So it would be nice to stay in touch if the border does open 😀
Joenah
Hi Ausmax & Joenah,
I am planning much the same route end of May / early June 2023, to Tajikistan through Sost (PAKISTAN-CHINA BORDER CROSSING AT KHUNJERAB PASS) through China. But Kyrgystan works for me as well. I believe the border is open now. I'm riding (motor cycle).
Baz
0 x

guy.brush

Post by guy.brush »

I'm currently putting together a WhatsApp Group to share plans for 2023. If anyone is interested in joining, drop me a PM.
0 x

Naser123

Post by Naser123 »

We three friends are thinking of crossing to China from Kyrgyzstan in the middle of May heading from Georgia to Pakistan
0 x