Group to transit through China with our vehicles, June

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
energico

Group to transit through China with our vehicles, June

Post by energico »

Hello,

I want to travel with my vehicle from Spain to Asia; especially Vietnam, Thailand. I am Spanish
The only viable option is China. A few weeks ago you will know that they already give tourist visas.

The problem is that with a foreign car in China it only allows entry if a guide is hired.
It is quite expensive, to contract for a single vehicle, and what they usually do is organize several vehicles, from people who do not know each other or groups of friends, and distribute the expenses.

This year, after being closed for 3 years, it seems that they are in high demand, and I have only got a budget for 2 Tour.
I've signed up for one for a long time, and that's why I'm more fluent when they write to me.

They just wrote to me in one, and it's a piece of cake, 3800 euros.
In the second, you can go for about 1500 euros, with about 5 vehicles.
He told me a few weeks ago that there were between 4 or 5 vehicles that seemed to have already been confirmed, but more can join, that's no problem.

I write here, for several reasons.
If someone has already done this to enter China with their vehicle, recommend an agency, in case I have not written it.

Another reason, if there are people interested in traveling through China on a Tour, I would like to share a trip with more people.
My English is not good, it's bad, on the other hand I can speak enough Russian, that everywhere you go they speak it.

The route is from Kyrgyzstan to Laos, about 21-27 days, depending on the route, and if they go through Tibet or through the center of the country. In principle I think that by the center.

The idea is not to share the entire trip, but the Chinese route, and before and after going on your own, although as I said, speaking Russian, depending on the date, I could travel with more vehicles from Georgia, since I will go there to get to Kazakhstan from Russia, which is about 3-6 days of transit, depending on the itinerary, and thus deal with the natives, police, borders, etc...

I know that time is tight, but the necessary Russian and Chinese visas can be obtained quickly.
0 x

royalenfield

Re: Group to transit through China with our vehicles, June

Post by royalenfield »

Hi Carlos, sent you a PM.

I might be interested, depending on dates (if last week of june i can, earlier not really). My car is already in Bishek, and i want to bring it to Thailand via China and Laos.

Cheers, Francesco
0 x

gsgypsy

Post by gsgypsy »

energico wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:07 pm
Hello,

I want to travel with my vehicle from Spain to Asia; especially Vietnam, Thailand. I am Spanish
The only viable option is China. A few weeks ago you will know that they already give tourist visas.

The problem is that with a foreign car in China it only allows entry if a guide is hired.
It is quite expensive, to contract for a single vehicle, and what they usually do is organize several vehicles, from people who do not know each other or groups of friends, and distribute the expenses.

This year, after being closed for 3 years, it seems that they are in high demand, and I have only got a budget for 2 Tour.
I've signed up for one for a long time, and that's why I'm more fluent when they write to me.

They just wrote to me in one, and it's a piece of cake, 3800 euros.
In the second, you can go for about 1500 euros, with about 5 vehicles.
He told me a few weeks ago that there were between 4 or 5 vehicles that seemed to have already been confirmed, but more can join, that's no problem.

I write here, for several reasons.
If someone has already done this to enter China with their vehicle, recommend an agency, in case I have not written it.

Another reason, if there are people interested in traveling through China on a Tour, I would like to share a trip with more people.
My English is not good, it's bad, on the other hand I can speak enough Russian, that everywhere you go they speak it.

The route is from Kyrgyzstan to Laos, about 21-27 days, depending on the route, and if they go through Tibet or through the center of the country. In principle I think that by the center.

The idea is not to share the entire trip, but the Chinese route, and before and after going on your own, although as I said, speaking Russian, depending on the date, I could travel with more vehicles from Georgia, since I will go there to get to Kazakhstan from Russia, which is about 3-6 days of transit, depending on the itinerary, and thus deal with the natives, police, borders, etc...

I know that time is tight, but the necessary Russian and Chinese visas can be obtained quickly.
Hi energico,

I am planig a ride from Bulgaria to Ulanbaatar, via China, starting mid May. I am crossing into China from Kazakhstan on the way to Mongolia and through Kyrgyzstan on the way back. This route avoids transiting Russia for which the visa process is going to be long and without guarantee for positive outcome. I got quotes from a tour agency for a single vehicle and its more or less in line with your numbers although I don't know the duration of your travel. My schedule is very flexible, so if you're planning to see interesting places in China, I'd consider joining you.

Let me know on this thread or via private message.
0 x

energico

Post by energico »

gsgypsy wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:50 pm
energico wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:07 pm
Hello,
Hi energico,
Hello, all the agencies that do this tour usually take about 23-28 days, only 1 saw that from Mongolia to Laos it took 15 days. Other agencies from Mongolia to Laos 21 days.

I have changed my plans, because I like to move freely, and going in a group forces you to rest and stop when they decide, eating by myself like my own food, etc., is complicated.

I am waiting for the Russian visa to be given to me. If they give it to me, in a couple of weeks I'll be on the road, and my idea is to tour Russia, go to Lake Baikal, Siberia to Vladivostov.

There I leave my car, or take it by ferry to Japan or South Korea, and try to get a Chinese visa and move by train. It's not what I would like, but they don't usually do a tour from there, and it's even more expensive, they told me. And the journey just as long.

While I tour Russia, I want to visit those countries where you will go. Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, etc. I think I will be in Kyrgyzstan at the end of May. and in Mongolia in June or July.
In Bulgaria I have been a few times in the mountains, Sofia, and Golden Sands :)
greetings
0 x

gsgypsy

Post by gsgypsy »

I understand and hope your plans come through. There’s a lot to see along the way and I’d love to hear about your experience in Russia. I assume you are from Spain. I just got back from training at Enduro Park Andalucia. Great experience and tons of useful skills. It will come handy in Asia. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help along the way.
0 x

luo200105

Post by luo200105 »

Hi:

I send you a PM.

I am also plan to travel to China from UK. I plan to do so in August.

Thank you
0 x

energico

Post by energico »

Hi, I'm right on the border of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

In principle, I will not go with the car through China. If I get a visa in Mongolia I will travel by train, or maybe I will decide to go through Afghanistan.

I'm not sure what to do better
0 x