Group to transit from Kyrgyzstan / Tajikistan through China to Nepal in 2024

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
FarEastRider

Group to transit from Kyrgyzstan / Tajikistan through China to Nepal in 2024

Post by FarEastRider »

I am planning to travel from Switzerland to India with my motorbike, starting in April 2024.
I intend to cross China in the beginning of July 2024 through one of the two borders in Kyrgyzstan or through Kulma pass in Tajikistan.

Is there anyone else who has similar plans and would like to join me in crossing China to share costs?
Last edited by FarEastRider on Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

liberspirita

Re: Group to transit from Kyrgyzstan / Tajikistan through China to Pakistan / Nepal in 2024

Post by liberspirita »

is it geopolitically possible ?
0 x

FarEastRider

Re: Group to transit from Kyrgyzstan / Tajikistan through China to Pakistan / Nepal in 2024

Post by FarEastRider »

It looks like it is possible this year (2023) if you look at other posts in this forum. Just hoping the border will still be open next year.
What are your plans?
0 x

DavenWendy

Post by DavenWendy »

My wife & I are planning to drive my VW Amarok from Irkeshtam, Kyrgyzstan through Kashgar to Khunjerab, Pakistan in late September 2024.
I'm currently trawing the net to understand the regulatory obsticles. I'd be keen to share the (huge) cost with others. I have some flexibility on the dates, if that helps.
0 x

FarEastRider

Re: Group to transit from Kyrgyzstan / Tajikistan through China to Nepal in 2024

Post by FarEastRider »

Unfortunately, since I am of Indian origin, I cant get a visa for Pakistan. So the only way for me is to go through China to Nepal or Laos.
I was thinking of contacting Tibetmoto tours, but will wait until the land border between Georgia and Azerbaijan opens again (hopefully in October).
0 x

Montruth

Re: Group to transit from Kyrgyzstan / Tajikistan through China to Nepal in 2024

Post by Montruth »

Hi, my friend and I are planning to ride our motorcycles from the UK down to Australia and are expecting to ride through china at a similar time (July 2024). We would be interested on joining the ride through China if your trip is still going ahead to help share the cost.

Monty.
0 x

Ionakelly

Post by Ionakelly »

Hi, we are planning similar on bikes for next year. I am aware of the “tour” you need to book to go through Tajikistan, but do you have to book a tour for another county? And how do you share costs? Is it not priced per person? Thanks!
0 x

FarEastRider

Post by FarEastRider »

Hello everyone

Here is an update from my side:
Yes, I am still planning to do the trip.
This is my timeline for the trip in 2024:

April : Switzerland- various EU countries - Turkey
May : Turkey - Georgia - Russia - Kazakhstan
June : Kazakhstan - Uzbekistan - Kyrgyzstan - China - Nepal
July: Nepal - India

I am Swiss but of Indian origin, so I cannot get a visa for Pakistan. That's why I am trying to get to India through Nepal.
I haven't contacted the tour provider, yet: My suggestion: "Drive China Adventures and Tours": www.driveinchina.com

I am also avoiding Tajikistan, because of the difficulty to obtain a visa.
Azerbaijan - Kazakhstan is also (at least currently) not possible because of the closure of the land border between Georgia and Azerbaijan (in that direction).
0 x

manfredo

Post by manfredo »

Hi FarEastRider,
I am in the middle of planning my tour from south Germany through the stans as well. Passing China, Nepal, India, Pakistan Iran and back.
Did you already get in touch with "Drive China Adventures and Tours"? What is your impression? The information on their web-site is very thin.
Cheers, Manfredo
0 x

FarEastRider

Post by FarEastRider »

Hi Manfredo
Yes, I am temporarily signed up with Bing & Drive China Tours (www.driveinchina.com). We are currently 3 people in 2 vehicles and there is at least one space for the guide in one of the vehicles. Once you contact them, they are very eager to share a lot of neatly written information with you. So, they feel compentent. I signed up for the tour starting from Kyrgyzstan-China border in early of July. Do get in touch with Bing (organisator) through his mail address: ([email protected]). I will DM you.
1 x