Hiking in Pamirs around 18.7. - 10.8.

Find trekking partners. Share rides (not Pamir).
Forum rules
1. Posts without a reply for more than 6 months are automatically removed.
jandaniel

Hiking in Pamirs around 18.7. - 10.8.

Post by jandaniel »

Hi there

Depence of the transport I should arrive in Murghab around the 18-20. July. I plan to stay in the Pamirs up to 3 weeks.

I plan to do some hiking in the Pamir and was thinking about to do something like that:

Maybe first some dayhikes around Murghab.

First hike:
This as a main hike for about a week. Hitchhiking till there.
https://mapy.cz/s/kovudofole

Here is the question if I should go south or north of the Yashilkul? In the "blue" hiking book is describe north, but i though south is better? (Maybe first part with a transport...) Does anyone has informations?

Second hike
Gooing south from Jelondy to Vrang (about 6 days, Route 20/22 acvording to "Trekking in Tajikistan" Guidebook)
https://mapy.cz/s/kecenolave

After the Vrang Pass
https://mapy.cz/s/docagovebo

Questions: is there a shop for basic supply (nuudles, chocolate, etc.) between Bachor and Jelondy?

I'm fully equipped,.2 person tent, stove etc. I have been to the pamirs 2011.

Does someone has similar plans to join?
Any informations about transport and hikes are welcome!

If I see it right, I do not need any permits besides GBAO as I don't go as far as Sarez lake or?

I'm staying about a month in Kyrgyzstan before and looking also for an transport to the Pamir from Osh around the 18/20.7.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15998

Thanks for your informations!
0 x

jandaniel

Re: Hiking in Pamirs around 18.7. - 10.8.

Post by jandaniel »

Does anyone has informations about transport from Bulunkul along Yashilkul? Is there a possibility to drive the southern shore? Or o have to hike the hole way? North or south?

All other advice are welcome!
0 x

borekj

Post by borekj »

Hi,
I was not there by myself, I'm going there in the beginning of August. However, my friend is hiking from Bulunkul to Bardara right now. As I can see from his satellite tracker, they made the way through the north shore, but I don't know any details yet. I personally doubt there will be any vehicles driving along the southern coast.

If you remind yourself to me after 19th July, I might be able to give you more details.

I've also heard that there might be asking for about 10 USD/day in Bulunkul for entering the Pamirs NP, but I'm not sure whether that's correct - also, will know more after my friend gets back to signal.
0 x

jandaniel

Post by jandaniel »

Thanks allready for your informations!

Well i doupt to I can hitch a ride the southern coast, but maybe to hire a taxi in Bulunkul. Its more the questions if it is technical allowed. ( National Park etc.)

Anyway I will organize it on the spot.
0 x