Bike cases storage in Almaty

Cycling the Silk Road
travelbike

Bike cases storage in Almaty

Post by travelbike »

Hello everyone,
We're coming to Almaty the 2 nd of August for a 3 weeks gravel bike trip and we're looking for a place to leave our bike cases (2 x for 12 days).
We would stay one night at the beginning of the tour and 2 nights before flying back to Europe.

* Is someone would know an hotel, guesthouse that would keep those 2 boxes (with added fee if asked of course...)?

* We're looking too for a bus, shared taxi which would take us to the Charyn Canyon with our 2 bikes. We've planned to get on bikes on Kokpek.

Thank you for advising.
JP
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Bike cases storage in Almaty

Post by steven »

I think any hotel will be happy to keep them for you.

You will need to hitchhike a truck or rent a minivan to transport your bikes to Charyn
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

travelbike

Post by travelbike »

Thank you !
JP
0 x

trikolka

Post by trikolka »

steven wrote:I think any hotel will be happy to keep them for you.
You will need to hitchhike a truck or rent a minivan to transport your bikes to Charyn
I left my bike case at the hotel for almost 1 month (it was Hotel Resident, half way between airport and city center,).

I also started my bike trip in Kökpek. From Almaty to Kökpek, I took a taxi at Sayakhat avtovokzal. He could carry the bike in his car when the rear seats were folded. Some other taxis may propose to carry a bike on the roof.
1 x
http://blog.zamir.fr : Siberia, Caucasus, Kazakhstan
http://blog.khushomaded.fr : cycling Silk Road from Iran to Kyrgyzstan