Khasab-Bandar Abbas ferry

Airplanes, buses, boats, feet, thumbs, ...
s1362083

Khasab-Bandar Abbas ferry

Post by s1362083 »

Hello,

I am planning on riding from Ras Al Khaimah to Khasab in September and then take the ferry to Iran. I understand that it is quite new so there is not much information on it.

1.) Does anyone have first hand evidence of ferries running regularly on Saturday as scheduled?
2.) I can't see why there would be any border issues as long as I have my Iran visa sorted in advance but can someone confirm I am not ignorant of some other barrier?
3.) I assume having my bicycle with my won't present any issues as the ferry looks similar to Muscat-Khasab boat which seems to handle bikes OK. Does that sound reasonable?

Thank you and happy to provide update of my experience on here once completed!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: New Khasab-Bandar Abbas ferry OK for UK citizen with bicycle?

Post by steven »

Hi s,

I would be very eager to hear about your journey. You have read my page, I assume, I didn't even know they started already, so I do not have certainties, but if it helps, I also cannot see bringing a bicycle on board presenting any trouble. Same for the visa. You have the visa, so you are allowed in.

Schedule? Don't know.

Please take plenty of pictures too!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

s1362083

Re: New Khasab-Bandar Abbas ferry OK for UK citizen with bicycle?

Post by s1362083 »

I got the schedule from here http://www.nfc.om/index.php?option=com_ ... Itemid=496

And news article suggesting opening of route here omaninfo.om/english/module.php?module=topics-showtopic&CatID=4&ID=3520

Will try to remember to update here in Sept!
1 x

travellibrarian

Re: Khasab-Bandar Abbas ferry

Post by travellibrarian »

Hi - came upon your post while doing some searching. Good info! If you have some time can you update us about how the ferry trip went?
Thanks!
Tamsin
0 x

Ewcyna

Re: Khasab-Bandar Abbas ferry

Post by Ewcyna »

I got it confirmed from NFC ferry operator in Oman that the ferries to Iran had been suspended. Unfortunately!
That would be good to update the map.
1 x