Black Sea Ferries Q&A

Airplanes, buses, boats, feet, thumbs, ...
gillijellybean

Burgas, Bulgaria to Georgia by ferry

Post by gillijellybean »

Hi,
After much research I have a ferry service that appears to have started last year that takes passengers from Burgas to Batumi. The company is called PB Management and can be found here:

http://www.pbm.bg/

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this service/taken it recently? We would like to travel in the second week of April.

Thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Burgas, Bulgaria to Georgia by ferry

Post by steven »

Hi gilijellybean,

I believe CrazyDre, also on this forum, has taken the black sea ferry from Varna to Batumi. You could try messaging him. It is an article I have been wanting to write, but so far, few experiences online. Was planning to take it myself this year in fall.

Please do let us know how it went if you decide to take it or get more info from somewhere else, I am very curious, as it is an interesting alternative.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: Burgas, Bulgaria to Georgia by ferry

Post by Crazydre »

Damn, completely missed this :(

As Steven says, I've taken a similar ferry from Varna (actually Beloslav) to Poti.

The one you're referring to costs 120 euros with a two-person cabin and meals, and leaves from a port on the outskirts of Burgas.

Supposed to leave Burgas around noon, but they are often delayed by hours.

The trip takes about 65 hours.

When the ship docks, Georgian police comes onboard and checks all documents - all passengers are ushered to a room on the top floor.

Then you get off and clear customs, which, with a car, can take 3-5 hours
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Black Sea Ferries Q&A

Post by steven »

A forum topic to keep track of which ferry destinations are currently operating and which are not.

All information about Black Sea ferries is gathered at http://caravanistan.com/transport/black-sea-ferries/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D