Black Sea Ferries Q&A

Airplanes, buses, boats, feet, thumbs, ...
steven
Admin
Admin

Black Sea Ferries Q&A

Post by steven »

A forum topic to keep track of which ferry destinations are currently operating and which are not.

All information about Black Sea ferries is gathered at http://caravanistan.com/transport/black-sea-ferries/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

gillijellybean

Burgas, Bulgaria to Georgia by ferry

Post by gillijellybean »

Hi,
After much research I have a ferry service that appears to have started last year that takes passengers from Burgas to Batumi. The company is called PB Management and can be found here:

http://www.pbm.bg/

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this service/taken it recently? We would like to travel in the second week of April.

Thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Burgas, Bulgaria to Georgia by ferry

Post by steven »

Hi gilijellybean,

I believe CrazyDre, also on this forum, has taken the black sea ferry from Varna to Batumi. You could try messaging him. It is an article I have been wanting to write, but so far, few experiences online. Was planning to take it myself this year in fall.

Please do let us know how it went if you decide to take it or get more info from somewhere else, I am very curious, as it is an interesting alternative.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: Burgas, Bulgaria to Georgia by ferry

Post by Crazydre »

Damn, completely missed this :(

As Steven says, I've taken a similar ferry from Varna (actually Beloslav) to Poti.

The one you're referring to costs 120 euros with a two-person cabin and meals, and leaves from a port on the outskirts of Burgas.

Supposed to leave Burgas around noon, but they are often delayed by hours.

The trip takes about 65 hours.

When the ship docks, Georgian police comes onboard and checks all documents - all passengers are ushered to a room on the top floor.

Then you get off and clear customs, which, with a car, can take 3-5 hours
1 x

GCB

Re: Black Sea Ferries Q&A

Post by GCB »

Hi,

I took the PBM-run Burgas - Batumi ferry a few days ago. It is primarily meant for freight (I was the only foot passenger) and it was an overall fun experience.
I emailed [email protected] (see the PBM website for schedules and contact) a few days ahead and they didn't take an actual booking but gave me instructions: it's 160 € now (or the equivalent in BGN, in cash either way, paid right before boarding), you get a berth in a 4-berth cabin, it sails every Friday from Burgas (boarding in the afternoon, departure around midnight) and arrives on Monday morning in Batumi.
/!\ These days, you need to present a negative PCR sampled ON THE DAY OF DEPARTURE so early Friday morning in Burgas. They tell you where to do it and it's a piece of cake.

ABOUT THE NAVIBULGAR FERRIES departing from Varna to Ukraine and Georgia: I emailed them as well but was told that they only carry truck drivers.

Hope this helps,
GCB
2 x
GCB

PetiteJeannette

Post by PetiteJeannette »

Hello
does anyone have updated information about the batumi/poti > bulgaria ferries ? I plan to come back to Europe with my car in June.
Best regards
Ben
0 x

Mspencer

Post by Mspencer »

Does anyone know if Black Sea ferries are still operating at the moment, given all thats ongoing in Ukraine? Hoping to do the Varna - Poti/Batumi journey in June
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Milad »

Hi,

Ferries Georgia <-> Bulgaria should still run. Obviously, no ferries are running from and to Ukraine.
0 x

edwardbgill

Post by edwardbgill »

Mspencer wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:11 am
Does anyone know if Black Sea ferries are still operating at the moment, given all thats ongoing in Ukraine? Hoping to do the Varna - Poti/Batumi journey in June
PBR have confirmed to me today that the Burgas-Batumi-Burgas ferry route is open and running. Outward ferries load and leave Burgas Friday evening and arrive Batumi Monday morning.

See here - http://pbm.bg/

Ed
1 x

PetiteJeannette

Post by PetiteJeannette »

hello
does anyone have info about the Navbuk or Navibul ferries operating between Bulgaria and Georgia ?
I want to croos the black sea from Georgia to Bulgaria end May with my car.
I cannot find the booking system on their page (with a lot of "404" messages.
thanks a lot in advance
0 x