Somon Air Q&A

Airplanes, buses, boats, feet, thumbs, ...
seysearles

Somon Air Q&A

Post by seysearles »

Just heads up based on our experiences regarding Somon Airlines. Contact the airline 24hrs prior to departure to confirm that the flight is in fact departing.

We arrived at Khujand airport ready to board our flight to Dushanbe to find it completely dead and be told by a lonely information counter clerk that the flight had been cancelled. We had to then rush into town and grab a shared taxi to Dushanbe as we had already paid for hotels that evening. Luckily due to the time of the flight it was easy enough to organize however if it were later in the evening you may well find yourself stuck.

On a side note, I would seriously recommend driving this route over flying every day of the week also. Only takes 5hrs and its really spectacular.

I hope that this helps someone out there.

ps. I probably should mention also that Somon Airlines issued a refund on the ticket when I contacted them afterwards also.
1 x

FRT15

Somon Air

Post by FRT15 »

Does anyone know if Somon air offers flights during the winter months? I see the schedule on the website only goes out to end of October.

I am interested in traveling from Moscow or Istanbul to Dushanbe or vice versa.

Thanks
0 x