Korday to Shymkent bus

Airplanes, buses, boats, feet, thumbs, ...
Gareth

Korday to Shymkent bus

Post by Gareth »

Hi,

I’m currently in Bishkek. I’ll be heading to Shymkent later in the week. I can see 2 ways of getting there for me. One is a minibus to the more distant border, closer to Shymkent near Taraz, and then another minibus the other side to Shymkent. The other, which has been advised elsewhere on this forum, is to get to Korday and then take a bigger bus from there. Any advice available on this bigger bus? Where does it go from? How often does it come?

Many thanks
Gareth
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Korday to Shymkent bus

Post by steven »

I'd go for the first option. The bus from Kordai is going to be full in the direction of Shymkent, which leaves you with the option of a shared taxi to Shymkent from Korday. Also an option of course, but might take some time to fill up.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Gareth

Re: Korday to Shymkent bus

Post by Gareth »

Thanks mate. Made it to Western Bus Station earlier. Got a ticket on a night-bus leaving at 9.30 pm later in week. 8-hour journey, give or take. Border crossing at Chaldovar. Advisable for others doing similar to book ahead as there were only a few seats left. There was also a bus to Tashkent available but I don’t have details about that.
1 x