International Bus Terminal in Ashgabat; location change for marshutkas in Konye Urgench

Airplanes, buses, boats, feet, thumbs, ...
SHappe

International Bus Terminal in Ashgabat; location change for marshutkas in Konye Urgench

Post by SHappe »

Hi,
I just thought I'd do a quick post about the International Bus Terminal in Ashgabat as well as for Konye Urgench/Dashoguz.

The International Bus Terminal in Ashgabat is where all of the intercity busses now leave from. There are a number of suburban busses that run out there (but unfortunately I'm not sure where they actually run in Ashgabat). The 7, 17, 37, 39, 47, 48, 53 all terminate at the Bus Terminal. Anything that says 'AWTOMENZIL' means that it goes there.

In Dashoguz, the marshutkas and shared taxis leave from a block east and north of the bus terminal (right near the western entrance to the bazaar).

In Konye Urgench, the bazaar is super closed and abandoned, so the shared taxis and marshutkas now leave from outside the Dash Mosque Museum. A shared taxi will cost 20 manat each, and a marshutka will cost 10. The marshutkas leave all the time and are really quick and comfortable.
2 x