Ulaanbaatar - Olgii flights Q&A

All about Mongolia
AreWeThereYet?

Ulaanbaatar - Olgii flights Q&A

Post by AreWeThereYet? »

Tagging along on this thread for a question regarding flights within Mongolia, specifically between Ulaanbaatar and Ölgii. I see Hunnu and Mongolian fly the route but, online, one doesn't yield results (Hunnu just throws the 404 error) and Mongolian asks for 400GBP, which is steepish.

Does Caravanistan offer some sort of ticketing through local contacts, or is it worth not buying anything and getting it done at a local travel agent/ticket shop?
0 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Ulaanbaatar - Olgii flights Q&A

Post by steven »

Split off this post from viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6397 since it's a different topic.

Regarding your second question, we don't offer ticketing through local contacts. We don't really know anyone in Mongolia. It also comes out expensive through us since the ticket agent needs to earn something and then we need to earn something as well, so the commission on top is rather steep, so then people accuse of us of ripping them off. So rather not get involved ... Just the Uzbek trains we do since so many people need it, but with a load of disclaimers :-)

In short: find a local travel agent to buy a Hunnu Air ticket.
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

AreWeThereYet?

Re: Ulaanbaatar - Olgii flights Q&A

Post by AreWeThereYet? »

Thanks Steven. Alas it seems that everyone is having my same idea so I guess that Olgii will have to wait for another year :(
1 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.