Yet another yurt nomadic exchange stay

All about Mongolia
Gabi

Yet another yurt nomadic exchange stay

Post by Gabi »

Hi! I´m planning to go to Mongolia in September-October for 3 weeks. I am one of those million travellers who´d like to stay with a nomadic family for at least 1 week, helping them with their daily chores so to learn a bit about how is their life in the grassland.. Ideally get to know their horses (looking forward riding horses too, though I haven´t done it for a while). Helpex- workaway (I am working as an English teacher in Beijing) or even a ""tour"", but ideally those self-organized, "non for the profit" communities type organizations who actually get most of the money from you and are willing to have the interaction with you. Basically don´t wanna be the annoying foreigner interfering in their lives without them really willing to. If you know a family or have done such thing don´t hesitate to let me know!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Yet another yurt nomadic exchange stay

Post by bwv812 »

You might look at Ger to Ger and/or ask them if they can set something like that up for you.

https://www.gertoger.org
1 x

Gabi

Post by Gabi »

Thanks a lot!! It looks like what I am looking for, I've already sent them a message. Reading about what they offer already gave me the burning sensation of an upcoming trip!!
0 x

lunasiatica

Post by lunasiatica »

for the new people who will read this post: we went to Mongolia several time and always have experience with nomadic families and stay with them some days to divide their traditional life. if interesting I can help and give some contact to go to authentic families spend with them how long you want from 1 day to a whole life!
cost is 8 euro/day/head, and something for the petrol, as they will come to pick you to bus station to got to their winter or summer campment. you give direct money to the family

hope this can help
1 x