Altai Tavan Bogd National Park trekking alone

All about Mongolia
Gabi

Altai Tavan Bogd National Park trekking alone

Post by Gabi »

Hey! So after nerd reading what it seems are the most "accessibles" areas of Mongolia, this national park sounds to me like one of the most interesting things. (And his neighbour, Tsambagarav National Park) Has anyone been here alone, camping with your own tent? Would be great sometimes to stay in yurts but wanna have the freedom to walk.. I used to do this in South Patagonia, Chile-Argentina, where I lived, but of course this has nothing to do... Was planning to get pills to purify wáter and either dry meat or try flying in with gas and stove.. but wondering how likely would it be to get food from the locals, whether they would be really ok by getting paid for it.. also a bit worried about them cooking animals that carry the bubonic plague (or so Ive read)

Wondering how likely is to get into trouble.. I´ve read about bears and problems with alcohol. Solo female traveller, quite experienced and old XD (35 years old). Already bought a ring for my left hand though not sure how much would that stop from anything really.

Wondering if there are any paths apart from roads, if it is ok to just walk (as long as you don´t accidentally arrive into Russia or China)… anyone who has been there recently would be of great help!

Thanks in advance (I would be going sort of mid September, 10th October)
0 x

sibellelaterre

Re: Altai Tavan Bogd National Park trekking alone

Post by sibellelaterre »

Hi
Up for this question please.
Did somebody hike in this park without a guide?
We plan to go there next summer (not alone...2 people with a 4X4)
Thanks for advice about permits etc...
Marie
0 x