Advice on getting from UB to Khovd or Oglii

All about Mongolia
huijeeps

Advice on getting from UB to Khovd or Oglii

Post by huijeeps »

Hello fellow travelers!

I have searched high and low online and can't seem to find good information on how i can get from UB to Khovd or Oglii.

Here is a rough overview of my route: China Beijing> UB> Khovd or Oglii> China Urumqi

I know the ride from UB to Khovd is crazy long (above 30 hrs), and I would like a suggestion of a place to stop in between.
Also, I can't seem to find consistent info about whether there is a bus from UB to Khvod or Oglii, and also how often they operate, aeroplanes are out of my options since i intend to do the whole thing overland if possible!

If anyone have a suggestion on where to stop between UB and Khovd/Oglii, or info on the buses these places, please let me know! Thank you so much! (price info also pls:) )

Oh yes, i am traveling during the end May to start June period, and would love to meet anybody else intending to do over landing from UB to Urumqi. I will also be continuing from there to Kazakhstan Almaty.

Thanks in advance!

- Rachel
0 x

badarchin

Re: Advice on getting from UB to Khovd or Oglii

Post by badarchin »

From China, you can get to Khovd and Ulgiy in two ways: 1) via Zamyn-Uud - Ulan Bator, then by buses (direct buses UB - Khovd or Ulgiy or with stops in Bayankhongor or Altai.
2) via Urumqi, then the bus to Qinghe and the Takasheken border crossing. On the Mongolian side, the city of Bulgan, Khovd aimak, from there a bus to Khovd.
2 x