Mongolian Camel Festival

All about Mongolia
CallumT

Mongolian Camel Festival

Post by CallumT »

Just wondering if anyone here has ever visited the Mongolian camel festival in the Gobi Desert at Bulgan before? My partner and I are keen on attending the festival next month but it´s quite difficult to find information online about doing it without a tour.

If anyone can provide some information about getting there and accommodation, as well as costs that would be very appreciated.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Mongolian Camel Festival

Post by steven »

Hi CallumT,

I am not a Mongolia expert (yet :-)), but these people are: http://www.travelmongolia.org/en/index.php?do=feedback

Give them a go, and if you don't mind, let us know the details if you managed to get a good answer.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

CallumT

Post by CallumT »

Got a response, basically they have told me that it's very difficult to organise without having an agency sort it out for you. Here is part of the response

¨Bulgan is a small village where is not much capacity of accommodation for wonders and is about 80kms from town Dalanzadgad (DZ) so need to rent a vehicle to get to there. Otherwise you can a take public bus to the town from UB which is about $15 per person.

Sure, we have a contacts in DZ if you are interested in it. What we do for you is we will find the vehicle, to make reservation hotel room in DZ and to stay overnight nomad family in near Bulgan village.¨

Not quite keen on tours though as they seem to be quite expensive. Not sure what to do at this point.
1 x

CallumT

Post by CallumT »

If anyone was wondering, unfortunately we have just been told that the festival has been cancelled this year due to livestock illness.
2 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

There aren't new information about this Mongolian Camel Festival ?
0 x