Car or motorbike on train Kazakhstan

Self-driving the Silk Road.
Tonini

Car or motorbike on train Kazakhstan

Postby Tonini » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi everyone,

We re nos in uzbekistan and plane to do a loop to come back in Europe by the Kazakhstan from Almaty.
Kazakhstan is si hudge and most of the part is desert.
Is anyone have information about put our van on train to cross the country ? Do you know where Can i find information about this ?
The way could be almaty-oural or Almaty - atyraou

Let me know
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Car on train Kazakhstan

Postby Milad » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi,

are you talking about car-carrying passenger night trains like they exist in some countries in Europe? To the extent of my knowledge, they do not exist anywhere in the former Soviet Union. It might be possible to send the car as freight on cargo trains, although I have no further information on this. You might want to (have someone) contact Kazakh Railways via E-Mail, preferably in Russian or Kazakh language. Anyway, let us know what you found out, I'm curious as well :)
1 x

Tonini

Postby Tonini » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Yes, I'm talking about send car on cargo train, it maybe cheapest to drive but 3000km of desert could be boring. I ll Ask a kazak friend if he Can find information about this.
0 x

campingoncloudnine

Postby campingoncloudnine » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi,

I'm looking into this as well. Cheapest I've found yet is 2500 euros. I think I've emailed about 30 companies by now, so a lot.

Via truck is still the only possibility I have found. Train is almost certainly cheaper, but it is difficult to arrange if it's for private use.

I will continue looking, so I will let you know if I found something cheaper. Please do the same.

Kind regards,

Ewald
2 x

Tonini

Postby Tonini » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi

Three things to know
The kazak railway (https://www.railways.kz/) don't do this service
The msc company (https://www.msc.com) present in almaty don't do this service (by train), only by plane and sea.
And the last , globallink (http://globalinklogistics.com) present in almaty, tell me between 2000 and 3000$ to put the car on a truck to do Almaty - Kiev.

This are the only info i Can share because it's hard to get some.

Good luck
2 x

vdh-be

Motorbike on the train from Atiraw to Almaty

Postby vdh-be » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Someone told me you can put your motorbike on this train. Anybody has done this?
0 x