Help with Selling car in Kyrgyzstan

Self-driving the Silk Road.
Ofirherbst

Help with Selling car in Kyrgyzstan

Postby Ofirherbst » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Hey!

I have a car ( Mitsubishi pajeo) with export plate that I brought in Germany and I’m planning to sell in Kyrgyzstan next month.

Did anyone ever did that or know what is the best way to do this and avoid problems when I leave th country?

Another question is if anyone know if when the date that written on the export plate passes it said that I cannot use the car any more?

Thank you!
0 x

Van_Gogh

Re: Help with Selling car in Kyrgyzstan

Postby Van_Gogh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:15 am

https://caravanistan.com/travel-tips/ho ... tral-asia/

You mean the date in the red part on the right of the numberplate? That's the date when your export insurance is expiring, but I think no one outside of EU cares about this — I don't think people even know this type plate, especially in Central Asia, so I guess you will not encounter any problems as long as you say that it is a German car.
0 x

maximevince

Postby maximevince » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Just an update. 3 weeks ago we sold our car (Peugeot) in Bishkek. First we went to Ryan from Iron horse Nomad because we read on the caravanistan page he possible could help us. But he couldn't . He just won't handel it anymore. So we went ,against his advise, the next day to the carmarket and sold the 14 year old car in 30min for 1000$. We just gave them the keys and we received the money. No paperwork. (but we already deregistered the car in our home country) We told them about the import taxes, they knew about that but they didn't care about it. We flew out of the country. No single question about the car was asked at the border control. Seems the information about importing Cars is not connected with the pasport controle. and if we were asked, then we still had the paper of the costums that we are allowed the keep the car 1 year in the rusian costums union.
Now I Will wait at least 5 years for coming back to Central Asia ;)
2 x

jacoub

Postby jacoub » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:53 am

Ofirherbst wrote:Hey!

I have a car ( Mitsubishi pajeo) with export plate that I brought in Germany and I’m planning to sell in Kyrgyzstan next month.

Did anyone ever did that or know what is the best way to do this and avoid problems when I leave th country?

Another question is if anyone know if when the date that written on the export plate passes it said that I cannot use the car any more?

Thank you!

Hi there

What year is it and how much are you looking to sell it for ?

Thanks
0 x

Nomadic

Postby Nomadic » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello everybody.If you want to sell,buy or parking your car in Kyrgyzstan.Please contact me.We have place for 2,3 cars in Osh and Bishkek.Whatsapp : +996773445555
0 x