Which country for long term parking

Self-driving the Silk Road.

Which country for long term parking

Post by new member »

Hi everybody - I´m new to this forum and first of all a big Thanx to all of you for the huge amount of useful information. Incredible.

We are not sure right now, but maybe we plan to pause our journey for about 5 Month during winter season, perhaps we want to park our camper and take a plane back to europe.
Question: Which country ist suited best to do so, regarding custom regulations, assurance regulations and the availability of relyable and secure parking space?
0 x

Re: Which country for long term parking

Post by new member »

Just to answer my own question - perhaps someone is interested:

I did some research: Long term parking ist - if I did a close enough examination on custom regulations - almost impossible in all countries. Maybe Iran with a Carnet could work, but I didn´t bother to try to get some informations on that, as we don´t plan to visit this country.

To my research the only possibility is to officially export the car and find someone to be willing to import an register it.

Please contadict, if I m wrong

michael
0 x

chrismahu

Post by chrismahu »

Our destination is Iran, and we also want to make a winter break before. In Armenia you can leave your vehicle for 1 year. You get the temporary import permit at the border. I will look for a good storage when I am there in this summer.
Cheers
0 x

Lovetheworld

Post by Lovetheworld »

Many people are doing that in Kyrgystan, but yes, you would need a temporary import paper that is valid for 1 year or at least the amount of time you need. I'm not sure what the default is.
0 x

Post by new member »

Officially you should get this temporary Import paper valid for 12 month. This should be default... see infos in the info section:

"The Eurasian Customs Union comprises Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Armenia. These countries share the same customs regime, meaning you do not need to temporarily import your car anew when crossing the borders between Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus.

When entering the Customs Union, you get a TIP (temporary import paper) for 1 year, meaning your vehicle is allowed to stay within the borders of the CU for 12 months. Your visa is likely to run out earlier. This is not a problem, you can leave without your car (at least, we have not received negative reports yet). If you exit and re-enter the CU, you will receive another 12 months."

Problem seems to be, that all reports here in the forum state, that they only got 3 month. Don´t know, what to make out of that information.

@chrismahu thanx for the information. I´ll keep that in mind.
0 x

cristiano

Post by cristiano »

I entered Kyrgyzstan the last time in september 2019 at Bor Dobo and I was given 12 months tip.

Some infos about Armenia are in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5126
1 x

dalec.si

Post by dalec.si »

I got 12 month permit on Dor Bobo when entering Kyrgyzstan aswell. I asked for it, he wanted some extra money for it, because it was "not possible". Few minutes later he ended up writing 12 month permit and I paid nothing extra. Just have patience and be in a good mood. When we left the country via plane noone asked us anything, I had copy of TIP with me.

In Iran it should be possible to leave the car if you have valid Carnet du Passage for time you would leave car there. As Carnets are usually valid for 1 year, you have to do a bit of calculating if it would work for you. I planned to leave car there so I had Carnet ordered just a month before entering Iran and DHL shipped to Georgia. In the end we didn't leave car there, so I can't tell you how exactly does it work on border while exiting.
2 x

Post by new member »

Thanx a lot cristiano,

and to dalec.si..... Yes, I know about the carnet regulations. Stored my car in africa for a while. But Iran isnt on my list.

Glad to hear the news. Seems to be, that you have to insist on the TIP on entering. Don´t let them turn you away....
0 x

applehostelbishkek

Post by applehostelbishkek »

I would recommend Kyrgyzstan as you don't need a Carnet du Passage just there should be a stamp allowance in your papers from Customs that you can leave it here for 1 year. We have helped a few people so you can what's app me +996 553 280 881 if you have questions.
0 x