Rentalcar for Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kirgistan and Kasakhstan

Self-driving the Silk Road.
JacobColding

Rentalcar for Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kirgistan and Kasakhstan

Post by JacobColding »

Hi. I was wondering if its possible to hire a car anywhere in the 4 countries, and drive it around in all these 4 countries? Is it do-able with just one rantal car?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Rentalcar for Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kirgistan and Kasakhstan

Post by steven »

I think so. Uzbekistan was always the most difficult one, because if your car would break down, spare parts would not get through customs.

But since the country opened up, rental firms (not all, though) will allow you to drive in Uzbekistan as well.

https://caravanistan.com/car-rental/

Kyrgyzstan is generally the best place to start: best options, lowest prices.

Although, actually, depending on if they let you drive outside of the country, Uzbekistan is also an option. But rental business is very new in Uzbekistan - it's only been allowed for 2 years.

But send those people a message through the forms on the site, that's the easiest way to find out.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Dickywoody

Post by Dickywoody »

Hey, there are a bunch of newer car rental places in Tashkent that are fairly reasonable. Many of them do not allow you to drive across the border however. Sixt may do as it is international but the locally owned ones I have used so far don't seem to want you to cross.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Dickywoody wrote:Hey, there are a bunch of newer car rental places in Tashkent that are fairly reasonable. Many of them do not allow you to drive across the border however.
That's also been my experience so far.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D