How to prolong temporary import paper TIP for Russia for more than one year in Eurasian Custom Union?

Self-driving the Silk Road.
daniel_amer

How to prolong temporary import paper TIP for Russia for more than one year in Eurasian Custom Union?

Post by daniel_amer »

Hi folks,

we left our car in Barnaul in a safe place end of 2019, because we had plans to continue the journey in 2020. We imported the car from Mongolia to Russia temporarly (still under German license plates etc.) in 09/2019. Our permit plus the "tolerance time" where you dont pay too much fines is over in end of march 2021 (as we heard 6 months over is tolerated). Now we have tried to write customs in wladivostok, barnaul and other places, but there seems not to be any chance to prolong paper from Germany. And we cant fly there. The cars radiator is in Germany, because it got restored here. So it is also hard to let somebody drive it to any borderand fetch from there.

We would be very thankful for help.
- how can you extend custom union temporary import paper for russia from Germany?
- how high are fines if you just dont care?
- do you have contacts in Russia which could maybe help us?
- any other suggestions?

Best regards,
Daniel
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: How to prolong temporary import paper TIP for Russia for more than one year in Eurasian Custom Union?

Post by steven »

Yeah, good question, people have been able to do it in Kyrgyzstan through the person who was parking their car for them - have you looked through this thread? Not sure, but maybe has some clues

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2338
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

raycooknz

Re: How to prolong temporary import paper TIP for Russia for more than one year in Eurasian Custom Union?

Post by raycooknz »

Hi Daniel,

I also have a similar situation regarding long term storage of my Vehicle that is presently parked in storage in Anapa Russia and I left it there and flew home to New Zealand while covid restrictions were in place and now I'm trying to retrieve it if possible.

Im planning to fly back to Russia in July 2022 to try and move my New Zealand Registered Vehicle into either Estonia or Finland land border.

I welcome any advise on how you have got on moving your vehicle.

Regards
Ray
0 x