Shipping Motorbike from Iran to Uzbekistan

Self-driving the Silk Road.
philippoc93

Shipping Motorbike from Iran to Uzbekistan

Post by philippoc93 »

Hi All,

Does anyone know of companies in Iran that can ship motorbikes to Uzbekistan via road or train relatively quickly, a week or two max?

We are hoping to travel along the silk road as far as we can get, but Turkmenistan is our obstacle at the moment. The idea is to ship the bikes ahead, and we will fly from Iran to Uzbekistan to collect the bikes then.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Philip
0 x

Hound_Dog

Re: Shipping Motorbike from Iran to Uzbekistan

Post by Hound_Dog »

It would probably be cheaper and easier to go to AZB and get the ferry.
0 x

himbel

Post by himbel »

Same problem here :)

Does anyone know, if ferries already operate again?

Cheers
0 x

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Same question here. I am hoping to finally do a round tour on my motorbike from The Netherlands to Kyrgistan and back via Iran. But with Turkmenistan stil closed I am looking for an alternative to get from Uzbekistan to Iran. Does anybody have any suggestions? Plan to go in May and June.
0 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

Dennis wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:57 am
Same question here. I am hoping to finally do a round tour on my motorbike from The Netherlands to Kyrgistan and back via Iran. But with Turkmenistan stil closed I am looking for an alternative to get from Uzbekistan to Iran. Does anybody have any suggestions? Plan to go in May and June.
Prior to COVID there used to be regular ferry service between Aktau, KZ and Baku, AZ. No one used it since given KZ ban on entry but you could call Baku port and ask them if it still runs and hope that KZ will re-open by that time.
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

The only option this season is that KZ or TK reopen. If not......No Stans for anyone.
0 x

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Nikopol wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:44 pm
Dennis wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:57 am
Prior to COVID there used to be regular ferry service between Aktau, KZ and Baku, AZ. No one used it since given KZ ban on entry but you could call Baku port and ask them if it still runs and hope that KZ will re-open by that time.
Thanks, let’s hope Turkmenistan opens up again.
1 x