Motorcycle shipping from West Coast Canada to Vladivostok

Self-driving the Silk Road.
redpillar

Motorcycle shipping from West Coast Canada to Vladivostok

Post by redpillar »

Hello all,

I am in the early stages of planning a trip through Central Asia, with the idea of shipping a bike overseas. The obvious route to me would be starting in Vladivostok. Has anyone shipped from Western Canada to Vladivostok that could give me some pointers? I have seen some people ship to South Korea and ferry from there. This is very early stages with an idea of leaving in two years from now. If it would be easier to ship to europe and go in that direction I am all ears..

Thanks.
0 x

Areba21

Re: Motorcycle shipping from West Coast Canada to Vladivostok

Post by Areba21 »

redpillar wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:44 pm
Hello all,

I am in the early stages of planning a trip through Central Asia, with the idea of shipping a dirt bike overseas. The obvious route to me would be starting in Vladivostok. Has anyone shipped from Western Canada to Vladivostok that could give me some pointers? I have seen some people ship to South Korea and ferry from there. This is very early stages with an idea of leaving in two years from now. If it would be easier to ship to Europe and go in that direction I am all ears..

Thanks.
It's sometimes more convenient to sell it there and purchase one here.
There are many of reliable shipping firms that will ship it if you truly want to. Don't rely on their websites because they're mostly useless. Look for reviews online and phone a few to acquire a price and get a feel for their customer service.
Make sure they're familiar with crating, transporting, and tying down motorcycles, and that it's all covered by insurance.
I can't recommend a specific one, but it's a typical occurrence with lots of players to ship with.
1 x

redpillar

Post by redpillar »

Thanks for the reply, I will take a look at purchasing a bike on the other side, as I have not actually purchased the bike here yet. I am still looking at routes etc..
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

Just be advised that shipping, either by sea or air at this time is incredibly expensive. Advice given by someone pre-virus is completely redundant. There have been a lot of changes.
0 x