price of vehicles in transit at the land border, without carnet de passage?

Self-driving the Silk Road.
energico

price of vehicles in transit at the land border, without carnet de passage?

Post by energico »

Hello,

I want to travel from Spain to Vietnam. I can't get a carnet de passage, since the car belongs to my father, who has passed away.

Changing the ownership of the car is very slow in my country, I have to go to a notary, make a will, pay taxes, change ownership, and each step can take from 3 weeks to 2 months, and then ask for an Bank guarantee and carnet de passage.

I have power of attorney in my name, to drive the car. this would not be a problem, and i have driven through ukraine, russia, kosovo, etcetera and well.

I would like, those who have visited Asia, what price would it have to enter with the vehicle.

I have only found information about iran, around 500 euros or 500 dollars.

Do you have information about India, Pakistan, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam?
Thank you.
0 x

Hanomax

Re: price of vehicles in transit at the land border, without carnet de passage?

Post by Hanomax »

¡Hola Energico!
Have you tried getting a carnet in another country like France or Germany? I am driving a car that runs on our company's name and had no issues getting a carnet in Germany, although I am Austrian.
Probably much easier and waaaay less expensive this way than dealing with the hassles of triptiques at borders.
1 x

energico

Re: price of vehicles in transit at the land border, without carnet de passage?

Post by energico »

Thank you.
I've tried, but in France, they only let me if the car was registered in France
0 x