carnet de passage for a nepalese registered bike

Self-driving the Silk Road.
xavierxd

carnet de passage for a nepalese registered bike

Post by xavierxd »

Hello,
I am planning to buy a 125cc motorbike in Nepal, register it there under my name and travel back to Europe on it (I am from Belgium).
I don t know much about the procedures, so I have plenty of questions unanswered.
How can I get a Carnet de passage and can I get it with an international driver s license issued for car? If I can t obtain it, is it possible to avoid the countries that require a cdp (Pakistan and Iran only, right?)?
Is the Pakistan-Afghanistan border still closed for foreigners?
Is it possible to cross China from Nepal to reach Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan, and what are the visa application procedure (could be interesting if I can t get a carnet de passage or if the pak-afg border is closed)?
Is there anything I should be aware of? Any advice or information would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.
Xavier [email protected]
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: carnet de passage for a nepalese registered bike

Post by steven »

I don't know the rules in Nepal.

Can you avoid Pakistan and Iran? Yes, take the boat from Turkmenbashi or go through Russia.

Pak-Afghan border is according to my intelligence still closed for foreigners. see http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/afghanistan

I don't know the rules about driving a motorcycle in China, I know you cannot drive a car by yourself unless you have a driver's license - best to check that out first.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

xavierxd

Re: carnet de passage for a nepalese registered bike

Post by xavierxd »

Thanks a lot for your answer.
And also for the unvaluable informations provided by this website.
It's very helpful. I hope I can provide interesting infos in the future.
Good luck
Xavier
0 x