Long-term vehicle storage in Eurasian Customs Union Q&A

Self-driving the Silk Road.
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Long-term vehicle storage in Eurasian Customs Union Q&A

Post by steven »

I think it can be extended by any of the people who are frequently mentioned in these threads. Get in touch with them, or with the place where you parked your car to see if they can do it for you.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bratse

Post by bratse »

My car currently is in Barnaul (Western Siberia) - last year I drove it across the Mongolian border (Tsagaannuur) in order to get another 1-year temporary import permission. This 1 year will expire in mid of August. I'm getting nervous (as I still can't travel into Russia due to Corona). However, I'm still hopeful it will be possible prior to mid of August as the Russian authorities start easing travel/flight restrictions.

I know the Mongolia border is currently closed (apparently also due to the outbreak of the bubonic plague - see https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/07/ ... ion-a70756).

Based on previous experience the customs won't extend the 1-year mark (I tried it last year and they refused saying that 1-year is the very max.).
So I'm still thinking on how I could solve this situation.

One thought: Crossing the car across the Russian/Mongolian border and turning it around in the 'nomanland' prior to even getting to the Mongolian border post. Of course this would assume the Russians would let me through their post (despite the fact the border is officially closed).

The only other option I see: driving the car all the way back to Ukraine (there aren't really any accessible other border in the area which would qualify for the exit/re-enter procedure).

Does anybody have an advice OR perhaps a local contact who regularly performs exit/re-enter (and could advise on any 'way arounds')?
0 x

royalenfield

Post by royalenfield »

All temp imports of vehicles have automatically been extended to 30 march 2021
0 x

robert

Post by robert »

royalenfield wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:52 am
All temp imports of vehicles have automatically been extended to 30 march 2021
Do you have any source for that information?
0 x

royalenfield

Post by royalenfield »

Hi, there is a directive in Kyrgyzstan at least about it.

Yesterday went to Customs Office (42°56′15.6″N 74°36′30.62″E), Office 201 second floor. You have to bring passport, car papers and expired border paper, along with a letter (handwritten is fine) requesting renewal until 30.3.2021. They stamp it for free.
Then however you need to go to customs registration office
(42°52′33.22″N 74°25′21.42″E) with the stamped papers and there they put data on computer system of Eurasian Union and re-stamp.

Then you are legal!

I have done it yesterday for my permit, which had expired on 23.10.2020. Took a whole morning but sorted out.

Cheers, Francesco
2 x

PetiteJeannette

Post by PetiteJeannette »

Hello
My car (2cv) is presently stored for almost 3 years in yerevan. due to the covid it was impossible to go there and cross the border before the expiration date (june 2020) of the TIP (temporarly import paper).
Does anyone knows if covid is a "case of force majeure" recognized by the Armenian authorities to avoid a fee ?
Best regards
Ben
0 x

raycooknz

Post by raycooknz »

Hi All,

Does anybody here have any information regarding to my situation re long term storage of my Vehicle that is presently parked in storage in Russia and I left it there and flew home to New Zealand while covid restrictions were in place and now I'm trying to retrieve it if possible.

Im planning to fly back to Russia in July 2022 to try and move my New Zealand Registered Vehicle into either Estonia or Finland land border.

I welcome any advise on this.

Regards
Ray
0 x

royalenfield

Post by royalenfield »

If you have any news please post them here.. i also need to move my car from kyrgyzstan back to europe by road, via russia...
0 x

destinazione.scono

Post by destinazione.scono »

Hello, we are planning to park our car in Tajikistan or Uzbekistan for 45 days in August. It is legal? Or we will have problems at the border exiting?
Thanks have a safe trip
1 x