Long-term vehicle storage in Eurasian Customs Union Q&A

Self-driving the Silk Road.
cristiano

Re: Leaving car in Krygyzstan for 1 year

Post by cristiano »

Adam84 wrote:thank you for help !
is this 1 year "on request" thingy ? or I need to pull off some story ?
Do i need to pay extra for that ?
Actually, it looks like it is always valid for 12 months now. It was 3 months until sometime last year.
Kyrgyzstan is the last country which entered the union, and even border guards can be not so updated with infos.
Just tell them you need 12 months. No money involved.
Adam84 wrote:Ps. I will enter russia from georgia and continue through kazakhstan then uzbekistan and tajikistan to kyrgystan
So on the russian/georgian border I request regular papers for visa duration right ?
and i contuinue with these through kazakhstan ? or I return these at russian/kazakh border and get there new ones to overland kazakhstan ?
Do i give these away on Kazakh/Uzbekistan border ?

thank you !
On the Georgia/Russia border they will give you temporary import papers. They should be valid for 12 months: please report here when you cross and tell us if this is the case.
You should keep those papers and show them at the Russia/Kazakh border. The Kazakh guards will put some of your infos in their computers and give you back the papers.
At the Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan border, Kazakhs will close the temporary importation and they will keep the papers you had since entering Russia.
2 x

Adam84

Post by Adam84 »

allright, all clear
thank you for great help, i will report back !

ps. any experience with price range of "fees" or insurance to be paid in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgystan (guess green card doesnt apply right ?)
Small diesel 1.5 suzuki jimny
0 x

cristiano

Post by cristiano »

My friends crossed yesterday from Tajikistan to Kyrgyzstan at Bor Dobo. They had temporary import papers for CU valid for 6 months.
They did not asked for 12, as they don't need them, so I don't know if it is possible to obtain it at that border (you should, but nobody reported back about that).
If you cross there, please ask and report back to us,
thank you
cristiano
1 x

moffy

Post by moffy »

Hello. Iv done this twice with my motorbike. Both times my vehicle paper was only valid for the same time frame as my visa. When i got to the border i said i lost the vehicle paper. They wernt happy but eventually let me through with no paper.
0 x

effen82

Re: Leaving a car in Central Asia

Post by effen82 »

Hi mleen,

In october we will be in Kyrgyzstan, and we also would like to park the car there for a few months. Can you tell about your border crossing? Any problems?

Thanks for your answer!
0 x

Adam84

Post by Adam84 »

entered kyrgyzstan June this year (from tajikistan), paid some 20$ bullshit fee at the border only and got 1 Year customs papers, customs officer said no problem for car to stay within the union (so incl. russia and kazakhstan) for the next year
1 x

Adam84

Post by Adam84 »

entered
paid some bullshit 1000som (or 20$) fee for "something"
got customs papers for 1 year, customs guy says no problem for car to stay within the union (so also russia and kazakhstan) for 1 year
0 x

Team241

Post by Team241 »

Hi guys! Also for us are very good news! we retire our car from UlanBator custom warehouse at the end of July and reenter in Russia driving to Vladivostok so at the russian border we must declare that our car stops in Vladivostok up to 1 year right? The owner of the car can leave russia without problem i guess?

Follow us on FB https://www.facebook.com/Team241/ :)
0 x
Team 241
------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/Team241/

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

This is an interesting thread. I would like to leave my vehicle in Uzbekistan (Tashkent) for several months from January- I understand that Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan (and Tajikistan?) are part of the customs union with Russia (so, OK to leave 12 months there). But what about Uzbekistan? Have there been any reports following up the below posts? (If Uzbekistan is complicated I guess one could drive to Kyrgyzstan which is very tourist-friendly and leave the car in Bishkek - but waht are the roads like, from Tashkent to Bishkek via Namangan, in January? Will we get snowed in?)
0 x

Bankside

Post by Bankside »

Hi Adam,

Where did you park your car?
We are looking to enter in Sept 2018 and leave the Truck whilst we backpack through SE Asia over the winter, collecting it in March to drive out.
0 x