Long-term vehicle storage in Eurasian Customs Union Q&A

Self-driving the Silk Road.
Bankside

Re: Leaving car in Krygyzstan for 1 year

Post by Bankside »

Hi Adam,

Where did you park your car?
We are looking to enter in Sept 2018 and leave the Truck whilst we backpack through SE Asia over the winter, collecting it in March to drive out.
0 x

Bankside

Re: Leaving a car in Central Asia

Post by Bankside »

We are interested in hearing where people are parking in Central Asia for long periods. Entering the "union" May 2018 into Russia, parking up in Oct / Nov (don't mind where in Stans) - March 2019, leaving May 2019 via Turkey. Any suggestions on safe / secure / cheap parking would be very appreciated whilst we backpack SE Asia for the winter
0 x

joemyers

Re: Leaving car in Krygyzstan for 1 year / 2 years

Post by joemyers »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience in extending the Temporary Import Permit for more than 1 year? For example, if I cross from Kyrgyzstan into Tajikistan after, say 11 months then re-enter Kyrgyzstan can I get another 1 year in Central Asia? Vehicle is registered in the UK.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Joe
0 x

Adam84

Post by Adam84 »

The one on pamir highway near sary tash
0 x

votok

Post by votok »

joemyers wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience in extending the Temporary Import Permit for more than 1 year? For example, if I cross from Kyrgyzstan into Tajikistan after, say 11 months then re-enter Kyrgyzstan can I get another 1 year in Central Asia? Vehicle is registered in the UK.

Joe
Hi Joe, I am about to do the same, do you have more info now?
0 x

VikingOnTour

Import and storage in ....STAN.

Post by VikingOnTour »

Hello All,

Just stumbled upon this webpage, very informative.
This summer I will travel with my Defender 110 to central Asia, and visit some of the STAN countries.
As I’m working 10 weeks on/off, I’ll have to return to Europe for some time over the winter.
Does anyone here have any firsthand experience, with leaving a car behind in one of the STAN countries, and also of a safe secure place to store it?
As I understand it, you can get a 12 months TIP when entering one of the Russian customs unions member states?
I can see there’s already been some discussion about this, any up-dates? Storage places?

Cheers, Ib.
0 x

VikingOnTour

Post by VikingOnTour »

@ Bankside,
Also looking to leave my truck out there somewhere, any more info?
Would also be interested in Georgia....
Cheers, Ib.
0 x

robert

Post by robert »

joemyers wrote:Hi all,

Joe
Yes, that's possible: after 8 months in Kirgistan, we went to Usbekistan for a few days, and when we came back to Kirgistan we got fresh 12 new months again. :)
VikingOnTour wrote:@ Bankside,
Also looking to leave my truck out there somewhere, any more info?
Would also be interested in Georgia....
Cheers, Ib.
If you want to leave your car in Osh in Kirgistan, you can contact Oibek: +996-551006115. He has parking available and speaks English.
0 x

Travel.bup

Re: Long-term vehicle storage in Eurasian Customs Union Q&A

Post by Travel.bup »

Are there any updates. Is it still possible to get the 12 month's for the vehicle at the border and can leave the country by plane for a few months? If yes, which border have you experienced is most likely to grant the 12 month's? Can I exit and reenter a different country if the union within a few weeks to get new 12 months? Greetings

I
0 x

votok

Re: Long-term vehicle storage in Eurasian Customs Union Q&A

Post by votok »

Yes it is possible.
We have been parking a car and 2 motorbikes in Kyrgyzstan since 2017. When you enter Eurasian Economic Union, you usually get a valid permit for 1 year. It is very important to check the 1 year period was specified in the document. We entered the union (Uzbekistan-Kazakhstan border) and did not take care much about it and we got the permit only for 3 months.
Parked our vehicles, left Kyrgyzstan by plane, came back 1 year later and had serious problems at the Tajikistan border (Tajikistan is outside the union). It took us almost 2 days to prolong the permit to 1 year back in the Customs in Osh. We hired an external interpreter to help us with the hell, filled many documents, visited many offices, paid relatively small fine ;)
After permit was fixed we went to Tajikistan just for a few hours and back to Kyrgyzstan and obtained new valid 1 year permit.
If you need to park a vehicle in Bishkek, I recommend Iron Horse Nomads.
0 x