Details for an excellent car mechanic in Osh

Self-driving the Silk Road.
Davidflorijn

Details for an excellent car mechanic in Osh

Postby Davidflorijn » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:35 am

The site doesn't yet have details for a mechanic in Osh so I thought to contribute.

For anyone in need of a car doctor we found an excellent car mechanic in Osh by the name of 'Samat' who speaks fluent English and has all the gear to identify the problem.

Look for the sign 'Manul' on the main road and drive down the side alley.

40°30′32.29″N 72°47′13.52″E
3 x

adrianepps

Re: Details for an excellent car mechanic in Osh

Postby adrianepps » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:54 am

I am yet another casualty of shoddy diesel in Uzbek/Tajik! DPF failure. Just about limped over the Kyrgyz border to Osh.

I eventually found 'Vladimir's Workshop'. In short: amazing. The guys in there are extremely hard working and know their trade. I cannot recommend this place enough. They get a steady stream of overlanders and are well known among the travelling community in this region. Vladimir only speaks Russian, but his colleague Evgeniy speaks impeccable English. Evgeniy is kind and honest and genuinely motivated to help, as are all the guys in his workshop. Prices are very reasonable. In fact I would have been happy to pay far more for the work that they did.

Drive through the gates into what looks like a junk yard with a warehouse.
2 x
Driving the world for a living - http://www.roarr.me

Christopher

Postby Christopher » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Hello, I have 2 vehicles in Osh in need of serious attention. I had to leave them in the hotel car park and will return to sort out the problems. Do you have a telephone number for Evgenyi? Any idea if they will be around on a Saturday afternoon and prepared to work on a Sunday?
0 x

adrianepps

Postby adrianepps » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:38 am

I see two Mongol Rally cars outside my hotel currently. Perhaps your cars! I don't know if they will work on the weekend but I suspect they probably would. Why not just head over to the workshop and speak to him.
0 x
Driving the world for a living - http://www.roarr.me

Christopher

Postby Christopher » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks for the reply Adrian. I have left the vehicles under large covers at theHotel Classic in Osh, and am now back in Europe, had a job to get back to! I will go back to Osh next month and sort it out. My flight arrives on Saturday around noon in Osh, as you say I am sure I can get them to work on the weekend but if I had a phone number I could be 100% certain...thanks for the coordinates and the write-up. I see they are 750m from the Classic hotel...
0 x