Extending car import Tajikistan

Self-driving the Silk Road.
mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Extending car import Tajikistan

Post by mazeno »

Admin note: Topic split off from http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic ... =20#p13505

> the extension of our temporary car import document, but no problem at the end.
what do you mean, did you "extended" it only at the kyzyl art border, or simply extended earlier in dushanbe or khorog?
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

robert

Re: Sary Tash-Murghab border crossing

Post by robert »

mazeno wrote:> the extension of our temporary car import document, but no problem at the end.
what do you mean, did you "extended" it only at the kyzyl art border, or simply extended earlier in dushanbe or khorog?
We had extended it in Khorugh. We didn't get a new document, but only an additional stamp and a signature on the back side, that was somehow confusing for them.
0 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

i tried to extend in dushanbe and in khorog (in khorog both in customs in the city and at the airport), but they always said "the system is not gonna let us, you can simply extend at the border while exiting".
so i resigned but i don't know if it is really possible at the border, 'coz i quit tjk on the exact date. i was not really afraid of the problem as i speak russian - it is much more easier and it was not my first time in tjk (nota bene i passed the border very fast w/o any questions - just "see you next time").
but i still wonder if it is possible to "extend" at the border.
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

robert

Post by robert »

We extended it at the border post in Khorugh, but did not leave Tadjikistan there.
0 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

i mean, if it is really possible to "extend" after the expiry date as the customs told me (i was talking to a major).
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

Silvio Maridati

Re: Extending car import Tajikistan

Post by Silvio Maridati »

Hello

Just crossed the Kyrgis Tadjik border between Sary-Tash and Murghab two days a go (11.07.2018)
Payment for my motorbike was of $10 for temporary import (with no date of expiry!) and KgsSom 500 for motorbike quarantine.

Kind regards
Silvio
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

If you exit at Kyzylart, don't bother extending anything. Just arrange everything at the border. Everything is for sale there.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Lovetheworld

Post by Lovetheworld »

We just crossed that border, and it seemed the guy wanted to make an issue of us that we overstayed the 15 days for the car. Then we said the roads were bad and our kids were sick, and we aldo said we went to extend it in Khorog but they didnt want to help us which he didnt really believe. The small door closed and 5 minutes later he came out, handed over the documents and was very friendly.
In Khorog I thi k they can help you, but they were not there when we were, so we skipped it.
Other people reported to have no problem at all. But this oberstayong just allows them to get some money of you, sp if poss8ble just extend in Khorog.
1 x

Madda

Pamir Highway car permit extension

Post by Madda »

While travelling in Tajikistan by car you have a 45 visa yourself and 14 days for your car…so if you like the Country you might need to extend your permit. Even though it seems that you could also exit the Country just being firm with the officer at the border…anyway: we just made the extension for our car (2 days after it expired already) at the Customs Office in Khorog which is where you access the bridge to Afghanistan, it means that you have to knock at a military gate (nothing written on the door) and ask the soldier, he'll bring you to the “office“ just a few meters away from the bridge to Afghanistan. The officer was super nice and friendly, made the extension in 5 minutes with absolutely no problem and payed 100 Somoni (or 10$) :P
we found in some blogs that the customs would try to discourage any extension but for us was really easy despite our permit already expired
the way down to the office is just after the Serena Inn and as you won't find it on google maps the coordinates are more or less (we struggled a bit to find it out):
37°31'41.8"N 71°30'19.7"E
37.528277, 71.505477
1 x

Gone For A Drive.

Post by Gone For A Drive. »

Our experienced from May 2019:
We had some time in Dushanbe as we were waiting for a spare part for our car. So we tried to extend the car permit there. It took us almost a whole day, we visited a few customs offices across the town and at the airport. In the end we managed to find the correct office which is in charge. The customs officer spoke English and he explained to us that it is impossible to extend the permit in Dushanbe and that it can only be done at customs offices which are located at border crossings.

So we went to the military checkpoint in Khorogh and there it was a very straightforward and easy process. They charged the common 10$. We left to Kyrgyzstan at the Kyzylart border crossing and the extension was accepted without any issues.
0 x
Dagmar & Oliver
Driving the Silk Route - https://www.goneforadrive.com