Self-driving Iran: with or without carnet de passage?

Self-driving the Silk Road.
saadmuizz

Re: Self-driving Iran: with or without carnet de passage?

Post by saadmuizz »

@barakamonk I'm unable to reach to Hossein, I sent an email, submitted form on the site, reached out via facebook without success, please advise how did you reach out to him?
0 x

Paap

Post by Paap »

Still confused who is the bad or good Hossein haha... But I have send forms to www.overlandtoiran.com and www.iranoverland.com

Anyone has an idea what the normal response time is?

Hoping to cross the Iran border around March 2022 with my Dutch car without having to pay the EUR 5.000,- deposit required by the ADAC.
0 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

I do wonder. I plan to go overland to Iran in 6 months, but my plan is to get carnet from local FIA associate. Is that not sufficient? What services does mr. Hussein provide that cant be handled at FIA associate?
0 x

Gerazimov

Post by Gerazimov »

Dear travellers,
I plan to travel through Iran in May, by car.
Want to use a CDP at the border. I understand that there are 2 Hosseins who can arrange a carnet at the border. But there is also written about a good and a bad Hossein. As far as I can tell there is a Hossein Shekhlou and Hossein Ravanyar. What are your experiences with both Hosseins in obtaining CDP at the border. I want to travel through Iran by car for 30 days.
Thank you for your responses.
0 x

Gerazimov

Post by Gerazimov »

Paap wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:28 am
Still confused who is the bad or good Hossein haha... But I have send forms to www.overlandtoiran.com and www.iranoverland.com

Anyone has an idea what the normal response time is?

Hoping to cross the Iran border around March 2022 with my Dutch car without having to pay the EUR 5.000,- deposit required by the ADAC.
Do you already have an answer to your questions? I have the same questions. I was in contact with both Iranoverland and Overlandiran last week. But I wonder how reliable both are.
0 x

robfh

Post by robfh »

We traveled to Iran by our own car and we knew there is 2 Hossein which offering CDP service but we used Hossein Ravanyar or old Hossein CDP Service from www.iranoverland.com which choosing his service was a mistake from our side. our experience with him was terrible. We think he gave us some unofficial documents because we've stopped by Police few times while driving in Iran and they checked our documents but could not see any information about our car on their system then we called him many times but no answer at all! later at the exit point we had the same problem and he didn't response to us. We had to stay at the border for 1 night to solve the matter which after checking those documents we've been told by customs officer that documents are fake and as tourist they will let us go exceptionally but will report to entrance point. We are glad that we left the country without having problems but we know that if something happens to us like accident we could get in serious problems. Next year our friends used Hossein Sheykhlou CDP service from www.overlandtoiran.com and they were very happy with him and even his price for this service. They've been told by customs general manager that Hossein Sheykhlou is trustworthy and the guy to deal with. According to them they've been in different situations such as Police control or check point and when checking their temporary CDP everything was correct and OK!
Last edited by robfh on Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

Get a proper CDP. Regardless of what others say. The Iranian authorities are not to be messed with. They are very vigilant and are extremely paranoid about foreigners. You might get a BS carnet at the border and it might work, until it doesn't and you might find yourself in a lot of trouble.
0 x

_Ellen_

Post by _Ellen_ »

barakamonk wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 pm
Thanks both for your input.

Hossein replied with a $400 quote per bike for a TIP with duration as long as our (theoretical) tourist visa.

We didn't really know which route we were taking or if it was even possible to go East at all...so we're pretty much improvising along the way with visas and paperwork. Such is traveling in Covid times ;)

I'm still hoping for Azerbaijan to open in November so we can go the Kazakhstan route :fingers crossed:

Also waiting for a quote from Spanish RACE for the official CDP, which should be a bit lower. And like you said, we have enough time.

Thanks again for the help.
Did you finally manage to get to Iran? With "official CDP" or with the help of Hossein for the transit visa?
We have also contacted him and he also got back to us with a quote of 400USD.
0 x

Koen

Post by Koen »

hi,
was the qoute 400usd with a timelimit spend in Iran?
otherwise would not be that bad if you stay longtime 3 months.
0 x
Rollingdutchman @ instagram

_Ellen_

Post by _Ellen_ »

Koen wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:34 am
hi,
was the qoute 400usd with a timelimit spend in Iran?
otherwise would not be that bad if you stay longtime 3 months.
I quote what he answered me:
"I do not arrange transit vista, in fact I temporarily import your vehicle to Iran as long as your visas which are normally 30 days, but if you want I can arrange document for 60 days stay, but ouf course it cost more than 30 days stay. Please note that the given price of 400usd is for booking now in low season so that is better to book now and start with the paperwork"

We still are not sure if we shall apply for CDP through the german ADAC or if we shall try with Hossein as we would only need the CDP for Iran in our complete trip...

What to do?
0 x