Self-driving Iran: with or without carnet de passage?

Self-driving the Silk Road.
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Entering Iran with own car

Post by steven »

That sounds like a difficult decision indeed. Would it be cheaper if you just got the carnet de passage?

If not: welcome to Iran! (the real Iran). Nothing is ever straightforward.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

DinoOnTheRoad

Post by DinoOnTheRoad »

About the CDP: yes, it might be cheaper, but it is a bureaucratic nonsense and we would need to deposit about 40'000 Euros.

The price is only on part of the whole decision. Most important is that we can trust the agreement and that we can enter Iran for sure. This is why we would appreciate if other travelers would share there experience with the Hosseins.

The easiest would be if we could just get the transit permission and then pay the overstay at the exit border. But I don't know of anyone who did it (its on wikitravel).
0 x

jill

Post by jill »

Hi there
I spoke to both
ADAC in Gemany, +49 89 7676 6338 or
www.carseurope.net in the Uk. +44 1284 333812 They have two options to obtain CDP.
Both are extremely helpful and good to work with.
Both do CDP
Good luck.
0 x

sekimdr

Post by sekimdr »

I travelled Iran with my car.
I met good houssein, and he processed every detail for me. It costs about 600 euro to cross Iran for a month with your car.

Contact Houssein. He is trust worthy... http://www.overlandtoiran.com/
You can read my travel here(in Korean) : https://blog.naver.com/sekimdr/220792245888
1 x

sekimdr

Post by sekimdr »

Housseion's carnet allows your staying in Iran as long as you want. Restriction is just by valid dates of your VISA. I stayed there 26 nights with my 2000cc SUV.

Yesterday, I emailed to Houssein to ask whether tourists can bring their over 2500cc car, and he replied quickly. He told me 2500cc restriction is just for Iranian people and company.

I entered Iran from Aremnia, and went out to Turkmenistan.
0 x

DinoOnTheRoad

Post by DinoOnTheRoad »

:arrow: UPDATE: Hossein form overlandtoiran.com provided a great service. Communication was very clear and reliable and everything worked out fine. We are especially thankful for his support when our plans changed while in Iran. We had a great time and recommend overlandtoiran.com to everyone who wants to drive to/through Iran without a CDP!
0 x

silkroadski

Post by silkroadski »

As an option, the Swiss providers (TCS) of the CDP are extremely quick, helpful, and moreover much cheaper (less the percentage deposit which is common to all) than carseurope. Carseurope were also extremely understanding that I wanted to take my business elsewhere. The German company will not take applications from UK registered vehicles whilst TCS will.
2 x

penguinexpress

Post by penguinexpress »

Can someone tell me which is the good Hossein and which is the bad hossein?
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

I Don't understand why it's better to pay 600E than buy a CDP, less expensive.
And the caution is not a problem , see with your bank.
RR.
0 x

pegiottino125

Carnet de passage for IRAN

Post by pegiottino125 »

CARNET DE PASSAGE for IRAN 🇮🇷

HI guys, I am the crazy guy who was traveling from Italy to Turkey riding a Peugeot Xps 125cc in the middle of the last winter, crossed all the Balkans with snow and ice and got finally to Istanbul just before Christmas.
Ad I promised you, after stored my bike in Istanbul for almost 3 months, I came back 1 week ago to take it back and restart my crazy trip.
I am actually in Kapadokya and I would like to continue to Iran, I have already applied for the visa but the big problem is that I don't have the
CDP (Carnet du Passage).
The veichle is registered in Italy so it's almost impossibile to get it from there.
My question is: how can I get it in a different way?
Or can I deposit some money at the Iranian border to guarantee for my motorcycle ( 125cc, 11 years old and its valuee is around 1000 € ).
Thanks so much ❤️❤️❤️
0 x