Car Insurance in Armenia

Self-driving the Silk Road.
bulker

Car Insurance in Armenia

Post by bulker »

Hello,

I am planning to travel Armenia by motorcycle. As I read, traffic insurance is mandatory for all vehicles in Armenia. Where will I get this insurance from? Should I buy it from internet before arriving to Armenia or is it possible to provide it from the borders? I will across the Bavra border, from Georgia.What is the price for it? I will be staying there 4 days at most.

Thank you!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Compulsory Traffic Insurance in Armenia

Post by steven »

I think you get it at the border but I would like an update on this to be certain. Do let us know!

https://caravanistan.com/transport/driv ... r-payments
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Snufkin

Re: Car Insurance in Armenia

Post by Snufkin »

You’re talking about civil liability (third-party) insurance here, of course. Is there a way to get CASCO for these countries? I mean to go by car...
0 x

CB500

Post by CB500 »

Hey guys,

You can organise insurance beforehand via the following website, which aggregates all the Armenian insurance companies:

https://aswa.am/

It avoids all the touts at the border and the potential for being ripped off (3,000 dram for 14 days insurance for my motorcycle - third party).

Also, I didn't have to pay any import tax. I went to the customs counter as directed by the customs agent, the guy asked me the value of my motorcycle ($800 usd~) then printed off the declaration and sent me on my way.

I suspect the import duties are dependent on vehicle value? There's zero verification, though.
0 x

Rene

Post by Rene »

We enterd Armenia the 03.06.2019 on one motorcycle.

At the customs we didn't had to pay any money for the motorcycle. After passport and customs we were send to a container to get an insurance.

We paied 50€ or 27.000 Dram for 18 days. We only can say, don't go to the first container, drive a few hundred meters further on, after the curve there are more insurance sellers who demand much lower prices. These dealers told us that the first container was a "problem". The guy in the first container told me the price was 52€, but was satisfied with 50€. He also tried to sell me a SIM card.

We met other motorcyclists on the road who paid for one motorcycle, for 10 days, 2000 Dram, scarcely 4€!! at the insurance company http://www.ingoarmenia.am/index/index/lang/en in Erewan. 4 motorcyclists had paid 27€ for the 4 motorcycles and had taken out the insurance online.

Steven, if you wish I can send you a picture of our contract, written in Armenian lunguage.
3 x

md2k

Post by md2k »

...just used the link provided above and got 10 day third party liability insurance for a Toyota Hilux for 4,000. Paid by credit card, policy was sent by email. The start date of the insurance can be specified.
1 x

Johnmk88

Post by Johnmk88 »

Hi guys,

Me and my girlfriend are going on holiday to Georgia and Armenia. Our plan is to rent a car in Tbilisi and drive to Armenia. Our rental company in Georgia said that our car is only insured within the borders of Georgia. So when we're in Armenia our car is uninsured. We would like to have a fully insured car in Armenia. Is it correct that the strakhovka is just a third party insurance? If yes, what kind of additional insurances do we need?
0 x

dalec.si

Post by dalec.si »

We met so many travellers that overpaid the Armenian insurance on the border. Please please dont buy insurance at first booth at borders.
InGoArmenia has good insurance prices at border, don't go to booths that people are luring you in. You can buy also online via agreggator www.aswa.am. Price is 9000 AMD for 14 days, and 4000 for 7 days.

We got insurance through www.aswa.com in 15 minutes after paying. We did it two times because we needed to extend while in Armenia.
1 x

chiccopaqe

Post by chiccopaqe »

Hi,
I tried to buy it on www.aswa.am but I have to upload the "Foreign registration certificate / Customs declaration". Do you know if it possible to have it in advance?
Thanks
0 x

dalec.si

Post by dalec.si »

I didn't attach anything like that, just our car registration papers from home.
0 x