Crossing border between Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan

Self-driving the Silk Road.
leecaplin

Crossing border between Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan

Post by leecaplin »

Hello I am a British citizen with a British driving license living in Shymkent and bought a car on Tuesday (14th April). My car is registered in my wife's name as she is a Kazakh citizen, this means I have the standard white Kazakh number plate rather than the yellow one for foreigners. I have valid insurance to drive the car through Kaspi bank. In two weeks I need to go to Bishkek. I want to know how complicated the border crossing will be and whether I need any further documents in order to cross it? If it's too much of a hassle I will leave my car in Kazakhstan for the trip.
0 x

jacoub

Re: Crossing border between Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan

Post by jacoub »

Hi

Well the only other thing except for all the car documents and a valid insurance is that if the car is in your wife's name you will need to get a power of attorney from her allowing you to use the vehicle and cross boarders.

Other than that crossing the boarder with a vehicle or without is fairly simple.

Gd Luck
0 x

leecaplin

Post by leecaplin »

What about if my wife is travelling with me? Do I still need a power of attorney?
0 x

jacoub

Post by jacoub »

Well if she is travelling with you and the car documents is in her name then you wont need a power of attorney
0 x