Uzbekistan Airways internal flight

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
graham

Uzbekistan Airways internal flight

Postby graham » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:05 pm

I am looking to finish my trip to Uzbekistan in April by flying from Bukhara to Tashkent to meet my connecting flight to London. I have heard stories about delays and cancellations and Uzbekistan Airways only fly to London on Tuesdays and Fridays, so I need this connection to be reliable. Anyone have any experience of how punctual and reliable internal flights are from Bukhara to Tashkent. I theory I have 4 hours between arrival into Tashkent at 12.10 and the London plane leaving at 16.20
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbekistan Airways internal flight

Postby steven » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:55 pm

It's only 4 hours on the fast train from Bukhara to Tashkent so that's an alternative. Not sure which one has a higher chance of being on time, though.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

AreWeThereYet?

Re: Uzbekistan Airways internal flight

Postby AreWeThereYet? » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:24 pm

I flew Bukhara-Tashkent earlier last year. The flight was sort of on time, coming inbound from another city in the west of the country. The scheduled flight time was 1 hour-something, but in all honesty we weren't in the air for more than 30 minutes.

What was constitutionally late were the LHR-TAS and return flights. Outbound the flight was 1h late, inbound 1h30... And it was an especially sh*tty flight. I've done 400+ flights in my life but Uzbekistan Airways easily gets the cookie for being the worst. Plus, unlike other flights to Europe, there's quite a lot of traffic on the UK-Punjab route so the flights will be busy.

One thing to remember is that the domestic terminal and the international one are at opposite ends of the airport campus; I don't know if your itinerary is on one single ticket (e.g. a BHK-TAS-LHR itinerary with a single PNR and e-ticket number) or if you're doing a do-it-yourself connection. suppose that in the first instance Uzbekistan Airways would provide some sort of transfer; in the second you'll have to organise it yourself - which would mean landing, exiting the domestic terminal, find a cab, negotiate with the touts, drive to the other terminal, check in/drop bags, clear immigration and security.

My advice would be to fly long haul on another airline; should that be impossible I'd probably go for staying one night in Tashkent. Get yourself a late flight out of Bukhara, or a night train, so that you can get there in good time for your onward flight. Tashkent is a decent city and going to the airport is relatively easy on a marshrutka.
3 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.