Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan itinerary help

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
iddo22

Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan itinerary help

Postby iddo22 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:52 am

Hi!
We are a couple going to Uzbekistan in early October and after consulting here before we decided that Tajikistan is a bit too tough for us right now and Kyrgyzstan sounds better. We thought spending a few days around Osh. We have come up with the following itinerary and would like to ask for your opinion on it.
Sept 29th - 14:40 landing in Tashkent, 18:50 train to Samarkand
Sept 30th & Oct 1st - Samarkand (maybe a day trip somewhere? Katta langar? Urgut? Shakhrisabz?)
Oct 2nd - train to Bukhara. Should we take a morning train for more time in Bukhara or an afternoon train for more time in Samarkand?
Oct 3rd & 4th - Bukhara
Oct 5th - Noon train to Khiva
Oct 6th - Khiva + evening flight to Tashkent, landing around midnight.
Oct 7th - Morning train to Andijan and then crossing to Osh.
Oct 8th - Osh city
Oct 9th - Day trip to Kyrgyz Ata
Oct 10& 11th - Arslanbob. should we go there for such a short time or is one night there not worth it?
Oct 12th - From Osh to Tashkent, 16:00 train from Andijan.
Oct 13th - Tashkent
Oct 14th - Early morning flight

Thank you so much for any comment!
0 x

pvanpeters

Re: Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan itinerary help

Postby pvanpeters » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Just some thoughts
- Osh - maybe other can comment if Osh itself is worth to see - i have not been there, on my trip to KG i removed it from the itinerary because it didnt look worth the detour
- Arlanbob - the area is nice, forests, mountains (check google images for an idea). The place itself is more a mountain village. So go there if you want do a bit of hiking in the area, or enjoy the ride to/from, but dont go for the place itself.
- It looks rather intense to travel back to Tashkent and fly from there, while you were already there. Might make sense if you have a return flight. - Otherwise, to get an interesting view of KG, the journey Arslanbob - Toktogul- Bishkek is scenic, diverse and interesting. Maybe that is an idea, with flight back from Bishkek?
1 x

murg

Postby murg » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Been to Osh recently. Stayed there 3 nights.

We stayed this long to meet some Friends we got to know on the Road there which is the only reason for 3 days.

If you are interessted in the Bazar or Suleyman Too ... Go there.
If Not.. skip Osh.
1 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

iddo22

Postby iddo22 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:59 pm

pvanpeters wrote:Just some thoughts
- Osh - maybe other can comment if Osh itself is worth to see - i have not been there, on my trip to KG i removed it from the itinerary because it didnt look worth the detour
- Arlanbob - the area is nice, forests, mountains (check google images for an idea). The place itself is more a mountain village. So go there if you want do a bit of hiking in the area, or enjoy the ride to/from, but dont go for the place itself.
- It looks rather intense to travel back to Tashkent and fly from there, while you were already there. Might make sense if you have a return flight. - Otherwise, to get an interesting view of KG, the journey Arslanbob - Toktogul- Bishkek is scenic, diverse and interesting. Maybe that is an idea, with flight back from Bishkek?

Thank you! We want to go to Arslanbob for the hiking, maybe we will skip visiting Osh itself and just add another day to Arslanbob. Our flights are round trip from Tashkent as it's much easier for us to fly there then Bishkek. Seems a little far to go all the way to Bishkek to fly to Tashkent and I think it would be easier to just take the train back from Andijan.

murg wrote:Been to Osh recently. Stayed there 3 nights.

We stayed this long to meet some Friends we got to know on the Road there which is the only reason for 3 days.

If you are interessted in the Bazar or Suleyman Too ... Go there.
If Not.. skip Osh.

Thank you! They do sound interesting, but we will consider removing the day to see Osh itself and add a day to Arslanbob.
0 x