Osh - Andijan Marshrutka (Minibus)

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
dk2022

Re: Osh - Andijan Marshrutka (Minibus)

Post by dk2022 »

Yes, in September it was possible to travel from Andijan to Dostyk with a bus and a marshrutka from Dostyk to Osh. Straightforward and quick. Full report:
https://travelbeforethecrowds.com/uzbek ... at-dostyk/
1 x

ferluis

Post by ferluis »

Hello, do you know until what time buses departure from Osh side?
0 x

Bouncingaround

Post by Bouncingaround »

Hi, is it feasible to make a morning trip by private taxi(s) from Osh to Andijan to make a 9:44am train to Tashkent?

Would leaving Osh by 6:30am allow enough buffer time?
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

Leaving Osh at 06:30 should be early enough to get to a train at 09:44 in Andijan (which is 10:44 in Osh time).
There isn't much distance to get stuck in traffic on the way to the border from Osh and going to Andijan from the border should be without too much traffic as well.
The big unknown is how many people will be crossing the border at the time you get there, but being a 24/7 border there shouldn't be a long queue that early.
1 x

Bouncingaround

Post by Bouncingaround »

Thank you! I was unaware of the timezone change - that will be handy. Do you know if a single taxi would be possible or is it better to book separately for Kyrgyz and Uzbek sides?
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

You can easily get a city taxi from Osh to the border, it's a common destination, also applies for taxi apps like Yandex Taxi and the like.
Once you cross the border, you won't be able to ignore the taxi touts, so no problem finding transportation there either.
1 x

Bouncingaround

Post by Bouncingaround »

Thank you again.
0 x

rsdk

Post by rsdk »

Crossed this border from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan on June 7.

We spent the night in Jalal-Abad and then took a marshrutka to Osh, which goes every 30 mins from the bus station. It brought us to the north bus station in Osh and from there it was a 20 minutes walk to the border. You can exchange money near the bus station in Osh and at the Kyrgyz side of the border.

The border crossing was relatively easy though the Uzbek guard looked at my (EU) passport for a very long time, left the cubicle with my passport for about 5 mins, and then returned and stamped it, and I was let through without further explanation. They didn't check our bags or phones at all.

From the border we could get a local bus to Andijon which took about 1,5 hours and was 5000 sum per person. The bus was full of local people and was a really fun experience, I would recommend it.
2 x

Kimanime07

Re: Osh - Andijan Marshrutka (Minibus) and vice versa

Post by Kimanime07 »

HIII, just some update in 2023.

Travelling on Jul 13 from Andijan central main bus station straight to Osh City Avtovakzal (Yes! Isn't it amazing?) via a minibus at 15000 UZ soum. From Avtovakzal, Trolley bus no. 2 and other transport easily goes to city centre

Tickets can be bought at the 777 ticket counter.

I alighted at Andijon train station first and found a lot of shared taxis there [30k soum/person] but when there are no passengers, they wanted to charge me higher price [100k soum]. When I asked where the main station is for the buses going to border, they lied and said there are no mashrutkas, only taxis. Sharing this so nobody experiences the former.

Happy travelling, folks 😀
0 x

JackM

Post by JackM »

Similar experience to the previous post, bus was available and easy to get tickets (we did wait around 40 minutes). 15k som per person - large sprinter van. Ask at 777 counter.

Note the bus station is about 5-10 mins walk from the train station.

Border crossing was very easy and didn't even ask for registration slips (Uzbek side). Kyrgyz side seemed very chilled.

Osh is basically on the border. At the border there were lots of exchange shops and what looked like taxis, you can ask the bus driver to drop you there.

We went onto the actual bus stop in Osh which is a bit further down the road. It does not have any obvious exchange places, but...

Currency - Ask at one of the two counters (think they also sell bus tickets) and they can change money for you (we changed Uzbek Som to Kyrgyz Som).

SIM cards - the small shack (looks like a mini yurt) sells SIM cards! - I bought beeline SIM card for 30 days with unlimited internet (550 Kyrgyz Som)

Taxis - I used Yandex Go to get away :), I also noticed that my Uzbek sim still got some internet this close to the border so you could also use that if you don't want to buy a Kyrgyz Sim.
0 x