Osh - Andijan Marshrutka (Minibus)

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
kazanskiitatar

Osh - Andijan Marshrutka (Minibus)

Post by kazanskiitatar »

As I was researching the Dostyk border and transport from Osh to Andijan, I came across articles on Kyrgyz media saying that a new marshrutka line had opened between Osh and Andijan just a week ago.

https://24.kg/obschestvo/130565_otkryit ... sh_andijan_/

I arrived several days ago to Osh, and went to the new bus station in the northwest of town to check out the real deal. I met the guy who seems to be in charge of the operation, and he assured me everything at the border is smooth. The new route indeed opened up only a week ago.

Today was my travel day to Andijan. I arrived at the new bus station (40.5618533, 72.7708535) in Osh at 10:00 am. (Hint, the last stop in the northern direction for trolleybus #2 in Osh is right in front of the bus station) I met the nice guy again, and he ushered me into a marshrutka. I bought a ticket at the window (100 som), and in a bit less than two hours I was in Andijan.

Border crossings went smoothly, no problems. The minibuses leave every 20 minutes, and mine was full (but no standing passengers). Plenty of room for luggage in the back, no one else had luggage.

It appears the locals will start using this simple way to get to Andijan, so it appears this route is here to stay!
Arrival to Andijan's main bus station, near the railroad station (40.7591740, 72.3489987)

Minibuses from Andijan to Osh leave from the same place, and I'd assume price is similar in Uzbek som.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Osh - Andijan Marshrutka (Minibus)

Post by steven »

Wow, that's amazing news. Karimov closed that option in January 1999. 20 years later, it's possible again.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

frunze

Post by frunze »

The direct minibus is apparently now in operation again

http://www.ktrk.kg/ru/news/s/58835
2 x

s1mple

Post by s1mple »

Just tried to find this direct Andijan to Osh option at the Andijan station. Taxi drivers said it doesn’t exist, tried to charge me 300k som as expected.

However the marsh Turks was no where to be found. Lady that worked the kassa told me it was in operation for 3 days at the beginning of the month - but currently is not running again.
2 x

Kacper

Post by Kacper »

s1mple wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:54 am
Just tried to find this direct Andijan to Osh option at the Andijan station. Taxi drivers said it doesn’t exist, tried to charge me 300k som as expected.

However the marsh Turks was no where to be found. Lady that worked the kassa told me it was in operation for 3 days at the beginning of the month - but currently is not running again.
How you crossed this border though? I am planning to cross it in the begining of August
0 x

frunze

Post by frunze »

Kacper wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:44 pm
s1mple wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:54 am

How you crossed this border though? I am planning to cross it in the begining of August
City marshrutka from the center of Osh to the border. Cross the border on foot. At the other side of the border there will be taxis and a marshrutka to Andijan
0 x

Kacper

Post by Kacper »

So it works as preciously did, and as is written in Caravanistan Crossing Border „Handbook”. Many thanks.
1 x

frunze

Post by frunze »

Exactly. The only difference for me it was way, way easier. I came in the morning, like 8am and there was no queue at all. The exchange booths before the border were quite easy to change money and had good rates. The Uzbek drivers in the other side were pushy but not scammy, I paid 40k sum.
1 x

Kacper

Post by Kacper »

I hope i will chceck it in few weeks ;)
0 x

Nuelo

Post by Nuelo »

Travelled as packbackers June 8th from Andijan to Osh. Left from Andijan central bus station to Dostyk border with a bus 5000 soms (0.5€)/ person. Crossed the border, and took a marsrutka to the city center 1€/person. Simple, but a lot of sneaky taxi drivers try to mob you when you're out of bus telling nonsense information. Ignore them fully.
1 x