Early Planning Question (South Korea to Ukraine)

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
Atlas313

Early Planning Question (South Korea to Ukraine)

Post by Atlas313 »

Hi everyone,

I am in the very early stages of planning a trip and have a couple questions that are hopefully not too silly.

I am currently living in South Korea. I am American and my wife is Ukrainian. My father-in-law wants a new van, and because car prices in Ukraine are extremely high compared to Korea, he asked if we could buy a vehicle and have it delivered to Ukraine.

My wife and I agreed, of course, but then started talking about maybe trying to drive there when I finish my contract (big bonus at the end and some time for adventure).

So we're currently imagining buying a vehicle here, getting it delivered to somewhere in Mongolia, and then picking it up and driving from there to Ukraine. (We're about a year out from the potential trip, so the plan is pretty undeveloped at this point).

Can anyone recommend any good car delivery/shipping services? Or maybe alternative plans for starting the trip? I have plenty of questions about the actual driving, but I imagine it'd be redundant to ask them here with all the resources on the site.

Thanks in advance!
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Early Planning Question (South Korea to Ukraine)

Post by Milad »

Or maybe alternative plans for starting the trip?
A lot cheaper than getting it shipped through China will be taking the ferry to Vladivostok and driving it yourself, although this involves a lot of driving through the Russian Far East, which is not overly interesting (although Vladivostok is actually nice, there is not that much to see on the next 2-3000kms, depends on what you're interested in obviously).
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Early Planning Question (South Korea to Ukraine)

Post by steven »

I agree with Milad. A bit more driving, but a lot less hassle and money than trying to get a car delivered to Mongolia.

Hope it's a 4WD you are buying if you are going to Mongolia!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D