Anyone Stuck?

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
jessev

Anyone Stuck?

Post by jessev »

Hello all,

My name is Jesse Vad, I'm a journalist and I'm working on stories about people who can't get home because of the Covid-19 crisis. I've traveled the Pamir Highway and still get updates from the Tajik embassy. I know that the airport is shut down and I'm wondering if anyone knows anybody who is stuck in Tajikistan or elsewhere.

Please reach out if you know anyone or have a story you feel needs to be heard right now.

Thanks all, hope everyone is okay!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Anyone Stuck?

Post by steven »

These people are stuck in Turkey: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12398

There is a couple that are stuck in Azerbaijan on Instagram. She couldn't fly out because she was very pregnant. Having their baby in Baku now.
https://www.instagram.com/rockandrollcaravann/
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

i wish i was stuck somewhere on the road, not at home...
f@*%#n panic
1 x
rgds -
mazeno

jessev

Post by jessev »

steven wrote:These people are stuck in Turkey: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12398

There is a couple that are stuck in Azerbaijan on Instagram. She couldn't fly out because she was very pregnant. Having their baby in Baku now.
https://www.instagram.com/rockandrollcaravann/
Thanks Steven this was really helpful.

Would you be willing to chat about what you've heard and experienced through Caravanistan during this time? I'd like to also include a voice from someone who oversees a lot of travel stories and plans. If you know anyone who runs any other travel resource outlet or organization that you think I should talk to, that would be great also.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jesse
0 x

netllama

Post by netllama »

mazeno wrote:i wish i was stuck somewhere on the road, not at home...
f@*%#n panic
How is being stuck on the road better for you or anyone else?
1 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

stars above you
not citylights
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

netllama

Post by netllama »

mazeno wrote:stars above you
not citylights

That's a selfish, narrow minded perspective. You don't care that you'll (eventually) be a burden to some other country's health care system?
0 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

do you want to discuss the problem of ill people who cannot get normal medical care because of coronapanic?
i mean e.g. cancer and other really heavy deseases, as every hospital or clinic is focused mainly on the corona, and most of the medical examinations or medical treatments or surgeries are shifted to unspecified future.
and it is ONLY ONE from the multi-position list of side effects of the unfounded, groundless panic.
so please, don't tell me what is selfish and narrow minded.
0 x
rgds -
mazeno

netllama

Post by netllama »

mazeno wrote:do you want to discuss the problem of ill people who cannot get normal medical care because of coronapanic?
i mean e.g. cancer and other really heavy deseases, as every hospital or clinic is focused mainly on the corona, and most of the medical examinations or medical treatments or surgeries are shifted to unspecified future.
and it is ONLY ONE SIDE EFFECT of the unfounded, groundless panic.
so please, don't tell me what is selfish and narrow minded.
Literally thousands of people are dying from the pandemic, and you're living in some fantasy land where its an unfounded panic? Not only are you selfish, but you're delusional & clueless.
1 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

literally milions (not thousands) of people are dying from cancer and almost no one cares.
literally milions (not thousands) of people are dying from flu and almost no one cares.
why?
because cancer or flu don't affect the social imagination and everyone accustomed with their names - it is hard to change social behaviors with their names for such global scale as it is very easy with widely unknown and mysterious virus.

and in a year literally millions (not thousands) of people will die from the hunger in the aftermath of the world collapse (economy, health, dejection and much more).
and i only hope i'm wrong...

edit:
above i wrote "in a year", unfortunately i was wrong:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... g-day.html
0 x
rgds -
mazeno