Travel Report: Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan - Tajikistan - Kyrgyzstan - Kazakhstan

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
alexm456

Travel Report: Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan - Tajikistan - Kyrgyzstan - Kazakhstan

Post by alexm456 »

Hello everyone

Isolation has finally given me the time to write up my trip from August last year, and to finally sort through all the photos!

I started in Turkmenistan, flying into Ashgabat and then driving up to Darvaza and Konye Urgench. From the Uzbek border I went to Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand by train. Then a detour into Tajikistan to Dushanbe and then a five day trip around the Pamir Highway ended in Osh. A few days in Osh, a trip to Karakol and to Bishkek. Before ending in Kazakhstan in Almaty.

It was an amazing trip, and I heavily relied on the information available on Carvanistan so I'd be more than happy to answer questions that anyone may have.

If you want to read in more detail I have posted my trip thoughts and photos here: https://instamanse.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Travel Report: Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan - Tajikistan - Kyrgyzstan - Kazakhstan

Post by steven »

And isolation has given me the time to actually read your blog. Good to see you got the whole package, including a bit of frustration! It wouldn't be a real Central Asia trip without it, imo :-)

Happy you enjoyed it, and that we could play a little part in it as well. Do come back, you have only scratched the surface!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

StephParis

Re: Travel Report: Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan - Tajikistan - Kyrgyzstan - Kazakhstan

Post by StephParis »

Nice report, I read it entirely 😁
It reminds me a lot of good souvenirs. I'm really glad to know there is a train going from Khiva to Bukhara. Some years ago I hit this road through the desert in a over packed and fucking hot mini van, with the privilege of spending one night in some sort of restaurant on the road. I never understood why we had to stop there. I was really angry at that moment, now I'm laughing.
This is Central Asia, I hope you'll go back !
0 x