By car from Germany to China. Best route in viral times and with minimal preparation?

Post your itinerary questions and trip reports here
Berlin-Beijing

By car from Germany to China. Best route in viral times and with minimal preparation?

Post by Berlin-Beijing »

Which border crossings would you recommend going from Berlin to Beijing asap by a German with car registered in Germany?
No carnet, minimal cost and preparation. I have a Chinese driving licence already but didn't do a visa application with biometric data collection in China yet.
Because of the unpredictable virus situation I want to collect all necessary visas along the way.

Thank you very much for advice.

Cheers
Joe
0 x

dalec.si

Re: By car from Germany to China. Best route in viral times and with minimal preparation?

Post by dalec.si »

As a person who tried to get from Kyrgyzstan to Europe, there is practically no way of doing this now.

Safest bet is trying to cross least countries as possible in which case it means Russia for you. Contact embassy, try to get special permit in current conditions. We couldn't get it, but we didn't push too much as we needed Kazakhstan to do same.

You can't cross Caspian sea with ferry currently (I think) and it's hard to enter Iran without carnet. There are no other choices if you want to drive and not put car on boat to ship directly.
0 x